Light-O-Rama Forums

xLights/Nutcracker 3.2.1 released

smeighan

3.2.1 released. Some bug fixes and the model screen now shows start and ending channels.

sean,matt,frank

3.2.1:  Sep 12,2013 - Enhancement: (Frank). In the Model section you now see start and end channels, not just start

- Bug: (Sean). When exporting HLS sequences if the number of channels was not evely divisible by 3, xLights would crash. Fixed.

- Enhancement: (Frank). Switched the grids for start channel and custom model to be in scrolling windows so that larger data sets can be handled.

- Bug: (Matt). Smart RGB arches are only producing a single channel. Fixed

- Enhancement: (Matt). F1 will bring up help if you are in the Profile tab

I tried to watch some of the tutorial but Matt's voice was never loud enough to hear.  I didn't make it thru all of it, but every point I skipped to that was the case.  Any chance there is a way to bring his voice up so we can hear it? 

I guess I was somewhere after the first 25 so it wouldn't let me watch live. 

I can summarize what Matt covered , he imported in a lor sequence.

He did not use any nutcracker effects. He was showing

How he modeled his 20' megatee built with 16 channels of lights, non rgb

Second megatee on left was 8 channel, non rgb tree

Mega tree on right is rgb, no effects were created in nutcracker. He did sequencing two years ago. He sequenced entire rgb megatee in lor.

ON left his his trees, trunk wrapped in matrix of white LEDs

Branches are dumb rgb

He continued showing how he modeled every element using

Non rgb, dumb rgb or smart rgb.

So in this tutorial , xlights preview was basically a preview of his lor sequence.

We then talked about how you could just come in and add effects for his rgb megatee.

When he pressed play, there was no sound from team viewer of the music. The sequence is hallelujah chorus by Handel.

This is when Matt started singing the song! Cool we got music with the sequence.

I can look later if anything can be done with the audio. He was either a normal volume in tea viewer or gone. Numerous times his voice just disappeared. Sorry.

Tea viewer is great but has a 25 user limit. To purchase a license is $700 per user. It is unlikely I will purchase a license for say 30-40 people.

One thing we did on the Denver get together was have a person setup a second team viewer. This gives another 25 users. This will take some planning, but we need to expand the 25 limit.

Sorry, we are getting more people on as we near the season of lights.

Sean

I love the frequent updates and all the functionality added each time. Thanks! I asked elsewhere, but have not gotten an answer. Is there a way to shorten or extend the length of a sequence once the sequence has been created? I can't seem to find that in Nutcracker.

I love the frequent updates and all the functionality added each time. Thanks! I asked elsewhere, but have not gotten an answer. Is there a way to shorten or extend the length of a sequence once the sequence has been created? I can't seem to find that in Nutcracker.

i have never tried. Ill have to see if it can be done. What we need is a window that allows you to shorten or length a song.

But suppose you want to add onto an exisiting song.

current song is 1 min long.

you edit, add effects to teh 1 minb song, save it. 

you now have sequence.xseq and sequence.xml , if you saved under the same sequence

now use audacity to add onto the original mp3. add two more minutes. new mp3 is your original 1 min + 2 more minutes

now use 2nd open choce, "New Music Sequence". But click that you have an xml file of timing and effects.

Give it the 3 minute mp3 file and give it the sequence.xml file.

You now have a 3 minute song with all of the original effects intact.

this does not work if you are shortening a song

Thanks for the answer. I am actually not even using music with Nutcracker. What I am doing is creating text and effects for a tuner/information sign. I customize each one for color, effect, and time to match each song. It would be nice to not have to create a new sequence to export for each song. I want to keep the current one open and just effect the effects and change the length of the text and effects to match the length of the song for the LOR sequence that I want to add this export to. So say, I want to create the tuner text and information for a 2:14 song, then export that to LOR to import to my already created sequence. Then I want to move on to another song that may be 3:00 long. I need to create another sequence rather than just change the length of the current one and change color. It's not a huge deal to create a new sequence, but I have everything setup how I like it and just change a few things for each song to export to use in my LOR sequences. I hope you understand my babble. Thanks!

OMG, this would be so helpful.  I am using Xlights to make sequences for LOR since all my other stuff is LOR and I added pixels this year.  I can't tell you how many times I have had to go back and start a new sequence just to make one a bit longer of shorter.  Also it would help if we could do fractions of seconds instead of just whole seconds when creating one without music.

However.. I am thankful for what is there and not complaining about what is not..  :P

Sean,

Are these recorded at all so those that don't get within the 25 users could watch it later?   

Dan

go to vimeo.com and search for "sean meighan". I think there is 50-60 hours of tutorials there.

this last one was recorded.. the prolem s matt's volume was very low.

• The topic was locked