Light-O-Rama Forums

Help help help

Heffo

Hi I was just testing my CCR's and 3 of my CCR's when I turn the power on stay on and I can not seem to

Get them to turn off can some one help me as I have not had this happen before dose this mean that they are damaged or can I fix this problem please some one help me because if I need to order new ones i need to do it ASAP

Do you have more than 3 CCRs?

If so, then you need to determine if it's the ribbon or the controller. 

Take a known working ribbon and controller and a ribbon/controller that is acting strange. Swap the ribbons.

If the ribbon that was bad is still bad when connected to a known working controller, then you may have a damaged ribbon.

If the ribbon that was good suddenly does bad when connected to a different controller, it may be the controller.

You will also want to make sure you do not have any sequences saved to the CCR controller (since those can run standalone animation sequences.)

Thanks don I will give this a go when I get home tonight can you tell me how to fix the ribbon if it is broken or do I just bye some new ones oh and I am running 12 x ribbons as I am making a 12 CCR tree cheers heffo

Hi don I was just wondering if you can tell me

How to use 2x com ports from my computer as I will be using one for my 16 Chanel controller with 6x CCRs linked to that and I wanted to use the second com port for my other 6x CCRs I have tryed to set it in the hardware but I can only get the 16 Chanel controler and the first 6x CCRs to work and the last 6x CCRs are not doing anything

Oh and I think I am going to just get 3x more sets of CCRs and I will sort the broken ones out later can not be bothered with lor because they don't help you much as I bought all my stuff from kevin @ creative lighting displays he has been a great help to me