Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB color fade to low intensity?

bobschm

Can't seem to figure this out. Is there a way to fade RGB pixels to a lower than 100% intensity?

For example, I'd like to fade from red to green but keep the whole pixel string at 50% throughout. Or fade from black to a color at 50% or 20% or whatever. Every effect on pixel strings seems to default to 100%.

What about Superstar?

As BobO and I have said, read the help. A few hours of reading the docs, tips and shortcuts will pay off HUGE.

The LOR software is very, very powerful and can do just about anything you can imagine.

tj

Thanks for the reference, TJ and BobO. That certainly looks interesting. But boy is that how it's done?!

Programming one pixel at a time is painful. Even with cut and paste, this will take months.

How do you guys control thousands of pixels? Or are they all on full blast for every effect?

I've been doing full on with SuperStar, but I'd really like my "between shows" animation loop to be muted.

• 2 weeks later...

I sort of found a way to fade to a color at a lower than 100% intensity. Create several custom colors at lower intensities and color fade to those.

On the color picker you can manually change the R G and B values for a color and save it as a custom color. Values can be from 0 to 255 so

R=0

G=0

B=130

is roughly 50% blue. It's the long way around, but it works. :unsure: