Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR and Pneumatics

Donald Puryear

Has anybody tried controling electric solenoid valves with lor controlers. For halloween I have many decorations that are air operated, was thinking about using lor to control them this year.

I'm useing LOR to control my pneumatic displays. I am using the 110v solenoid valves from ASCO Red-Hat though, so mine is a simple plug into LOR and toggle the circuit just like a light switch. ... Maybe next year I will switch over to the 24v solenoids if I get me the DC board.

I have heard of someone on a holloween board that was using a 24 V.A.C transform and wired it up to be triggered. He wired one connector from the 24v tranformer to the solenoid valve, and than connected the other line with a passive IR switch in line between the transformer and the valve. This allowed the prop to be activated via the sensor when someone walked by.

Kevin

I've used motion sensors for years. Now I use software called "haunt Controller".

This allows me to trigger several actions with one Sensor. Want to try a musical seq. with pumkins and Pneumatic skulls.

• 4 weeks later...

Donald Puryear wrote:

Has anybody tried controling electric solenoid valves with lor controlers. For halloween I have many decorations that are air operated, was thinking about using lor to control them this year.

Yes. I purchased a surplus bank of 7 solenoids that needed 24v DC. I used the LOR CMB-16D card (the new DC controller) with a 24v DC power supply. Worked great!

RO

I've been using LOR to control the pneumatics on my piano playing skeleton for the past couple of years. I use 110v valves and have not had any problems with them except for my sequencings skills!