Light-O-Rama Forums

Lower intensity permanently

ShellNZ

I have 2 singing faces on my LOR CMB16Q board, each 7ch.

Last year when it came display time I realised that my neon-flex is far too bright at 100% intensity so I lowered it.

I cannot for the life of me remember how I did lower it but the way Im trying it now doesnt work.

I am setting the intensity to 50% then highlighting the face rows and clicking on Foreground, Set Intensity.  It does work but my fade up/downs get wiped out.

I think there is a way to make the entire controller lower intensity 50% as well, just wondering if it too will null'n'void my fade up/downs?

Cheers

ShellNZ

• Like 1

Unfortunately you'll have to do it manually, if you just highlight all the cells and change it, It will wipe out all effects in every section and only do a standard straight line 50% intensity.     I have not found any other way or work-around to avoid this, except to highlight areas that don't have any special effects like fade down, fade up, shimmer, etc. as when I do it the way you're describing all effects are lost.

I had to go through and redo any fade ups and downs, shimmers, etc. manually to reduce their intensities.

I'm not even sure if there is a way LOR could even incorporate a way to just change all the special effects on the fly just by highlighting and selecting the intensity or any changes you may want to make.   Just don't think their is any type of algorithm that could pick up fades, shimmers or any effects that may have multiples in a row or multiple cells and be able to change them.

Again, unfortunately, the only way that I know to do this is manually a row/cell at a time, which is very time consuming if you didn't set your intensity to 50% to start with when creating the sequence for lights that are too bright and need a lower intensity.

You can set the max intensity for a given controller. From the Hardware utility you select the controller, press the Configure button, and change the Maximum Intensity. I'm pretty sure all this does is limit any command to the max setting. So a fade would still work. But a 10 second fade from 0 to 100 would actually go from 0 to 50 in 5 seconds and stop. And if you have any effects where you change the intensity between two values greater than 50 I don't think you'll see anything at all.

I find my LED's to be too bright at 100% and set them now at 75% (or 50% as you want.) Here is a link to a thread which talks about how to do this. It works great, I use it all the time on new sequences.

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/12404-mass-change-of-intensity/?hl=intensity#entry246179

information on this starts at post #6 but read completely as there is some syntax information further on. As always, back up your sequences before trying this.

Edited by Jim Hans