Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Jump Start Classes

David Spangler

I noticed LOR is scheduling their Jump Start Classes till the end of the year. Has anybody attended one of these classes? I'm trying to decide if it is worth it to go to. I started planning and building in January of 2013. I have the LOR advanced software, two LOR controllers, two LOR pixel controllers, using a Coro antidongle with DMX, and have 7 songs completed and working on 5 more. I'm retired so I have the time. Most of what I learned is from reading and the LOR forums, and trial and error. The reason I'm considering the class is I always feel there is something I missed and there is always more to learn but I'm afraid the class might be too fast and basic. Anybody have any thoughts???????????

You will find that no matter how long you use the software, you will still stumble upon new ways of doing things.

I've known other LOR Partners who have attended the Jump Start class in their area, and they came away from the class having learned things they didn't know about the software or hardware.

I attended a two day class in Sacramento and came away with some great information, despite two years of doing LOR programming.

The others who attended had solved problems from different directions and it was very educational. Very worthwhile.

I believe the instructor was Drew Hickman.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have been doing sequences for 3 years now. I will be attending this next class this coming Saturday. I will keep you posted. I asked the same thing if it would be worth it. I had a few responses and it seems like its going to be worth while. cant wait for Saturday!

Sorry Dan just looked at the post again. FYI for others I brought my lap top and an extra cord to plug it into. The class was great it touched on all of the LOR products. I have to thank Chuck again, he is a person so full of info, a wealth of knowledge . The class started with receiving a jump drive to load on the new LOR soft ware. Then went into every thing from why we are here to RGB to stand alone, pixels, sequencing, the tools and how to do them to a Q&A. There was a lot more in it but it is worth while going to it.

I agree with bill the class was good

The instructor was very good a got thru alot of info ina short time

Edited by dan martens