Light-O-Rama Forums

Animatronic "live puppeting" and programming demo

MikeZ

I shot a short video yesterday that shows how easy it is to use the TrackSkull software by MonkeyBasic to control my animatronic, or any animatronic.

TrackSkull's been re-written to integrate well with LOR, and allow you to run on the LOR or DMX network, and then export for either protocol into the sequence editor. As soon as time permits, I'll put together a much more detailed video showing how it's done, but it's very simple to use now. And please don't judge the on-camera talent!  :D 

You can check out the website at Seasonsgreeters.net, and please let me know if you have any questions.

• Like 1

OK, so here's an interesting application; the camera is Infrared sensitive and points to a stage with a performer on it.

Your software moves a followspot (moving light) that will follow the performer.

Sounds like fun.

OK, so here's an interesting application; the camera is Infrared sensitive and points to a stage with a performer on it.

Your software moves a followspot (moving light) that will follow the performer.

Sounds like fun.

Ken, there used to be tripod heads that would track the movement of a person wearing a transmitter. I'm sure they're much more advanced now.

I saw Mike' snowman, at least his head, at the Christmas Expo. He did a demo, and it was even better in person! Very Cool! :)

Thanks, I'm glad you were able to catch the presentation. Some of the body components weren't ready in time for the expo, so I just brought along the head to demo.