Light-O-Rama Forums

How do I create a Spiral effects?

craigh

On a 360 degree mega tree, how do I create a spiral effects that spin like an LED spiral tree?

I want to create a variety of spiral effects, one segment one color, 3 segments one color, 4 or more segments one color.

Craig

If you are taking about doing this on a pixel tree in superstar, with 12 pixel strings. I use the Image Action on the tool bar. You can draw in differenrt colors in one scene. Then do two images for same time length, set image set up to, 24, 0   0, 0. second image 0, 0  -24, 0. This makes perfect spin.I will tell you this too many colors spinning at one time and too fast doesn't look very good. Stick to one or two colors and don't spin too fast. I had three or four colors and it look great in superstar but when I set up my pixel tree on the 

fourth of July and tested it I notice mutil colors where not as neat as they looked in real life. Mel

Edited by Melvin Stoddard

If you go to opening page of this forum and near the bottom go to 4 of July Shows . The second post is one of mine, at 50 seconds is a good example of one color at 55 seconds two colors. 

There is a "Samples" directory off of the SuperStar\Sequences directory. Click on the File menu and select "Open", navigate to the "Samples" directory and open the file:

Vis_24x25Tree_4RowGlobe_Spirals.sup

That file has some spiral effects you may want to look at.

thanks!

Should have thought to look there first...

Brian your example has the strips folded in half, my mega does not, 24 strings of 50 pixels - each string is one straight line.

How do I modify your example to work for my tree?

Craig

Edited by craigh