Light-O-Rama Forums

Fog Chiller

caniac

ShaggySS,

I have done the same as you. with differnt set ups. the only thing i use the fans and Ventilation Duct for is it takes the fog chillier of the grass and out of the yard. but I have my chillers set up like the vortex chillers and they do work very well just as they are. but it there is any wind i can use the duct to place the fog anyware on the yard or driveway without moveing the fog and chillers. i also can have it roll of the roof with the duct and keep the fog machian on the ground. The key is not to have to strong of a fan. I used a ventialtion fan last year and it was to much air. so this year I'm trying a small 4in fan in the tube just to help push the fog out at a slower speed. I will test it in the beging of next mounth. 

Ahh never considered slowing down the fan.  I just pulled a fan out of a computer and gave it 12v and gave up with that.  Let me know how it goes.  

I did see a cool effect that I really want to do but have not had time.....ok so my wife hates fog so that got nix.  Hopefully it will inspire others.  A fog curtain. http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/121645-fog-curtain-improvised-2.html

• 1 month later...

I'm a fan of the garbage can chiller. 

Essentially it's a 23gal round can with a hole in the side near the bottom and another hole on the opposite side at the top.  Run dryer vent hose in a coil from bottom to top.   Add dry ice (I generally use 25lbs of pellets), and snug the fog machine output up to the bottom hole.   Works great for me, and the fog looks like misty white water rolling across the lawn.    I sometimes have it fill the coffin in which an animatronic vampire rises, and he spills smoke everywhere.  Looks great. 

This is the basic idea here:

http://www.ghostsofhalloween.com/projects/fog_chiller/