Light-O-Rama Forums

starting the SE and visualizer

Richard M

Can you start the sequence editor from the visualizer screen?  I currently start the visualizer then jump to the SE to start it and then back to visualizer screen.  Not sure if I'm doing it right or if there is a short cut.

There is no way to start the Sequence Editor (SE) from the Visualizer (Viz).

FWIW, you could leave the Viz in simulation mode if you wished. Unless you need to make changes, no real need to take it out of simulation mode.

Drag the SEto the bottom of your desktop, just enough to see the play button and open the visualizer at the top of the desktop. Now you have access to both. There was an option that came out with 3.9 that you could select and the visualizer would take top window when a sequence started. I dont remember how to set it up because it was such a pain in the rump, I turned it off

I usually leave the visualizer running then switch back & forth between it & SE.  My display this year is a basic start, so I am able to minimize the visualizer and kind of see pieces of the SE and visualizer at the same time.  I usually leave the top portion of SE visible so I can stop SE when I see something I need to fix.

• 2 weeks later...