Light-O-Rama Forums

Is there any used LOR equipment available?

jmissall

Hi,

I'm not sure where to ask this question, but is their a special place on this forum where I can purchase used equipment?

I know that from time to time, some are posted for sale on Ebay, but was hoping that perhaps some users may have upgraded and are looking to sell used controllers and such.

I'm proposing a nice lighting display at our annual Erie County Fair "Festival of Lights" exhibit, which is a non-profit organization; and some of the proceeds (of a $18 gate charge) will be going towards our local Children's Hospital.

What we would like to do is:

1-Start Dark, and small 3-4' trees grow from the ground up

2-Once grown, they start to dance to Dueling Jingle Bell song

3-During the dance they march and join up in the middle, looking like they are jumping on one another to form a large 16' mega tree

4-Using a dozen or so Cosmic Ribbons on the mega tree (with a scrim in the back where the trees just marched into) the show changes to 'Wizards of Winter' and takes over from there.

To start from scratch would cost about $5,000 or more...especially at $250 per cosmic ribbon ($3,000), so I need help to pull this off.

Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions.

Jim

Since Dan is in the business of selling new LOR gear, he kind of discourages used equipment for sale on this forum although posts do appear fairly often. I think you will find more for sale stuff on the LOR facebook group or on the PC forums. I haven't seen a lot of CCR stuff for sale used.

I like you plan, it sounds like a great idea.

Since you are think CCRs I would suggest you buy new stuff.

I doubt the guy you bought the used equipment will be interested in helping you when something goes wrong and a ribbon fails.

I assume you are thinking Christmas 2014 because if you would need most of your sequencing done to make this year.

There is a Spring mad dash sale where you can save a lot of money if you are fast.