Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR setup with 10w led floodlights

Mwink

Hello there.

I will most likely be purchasing a LOR controller in the near future and was wondering if anyone had experience with using the setup along with color changing LED lights.  Specifically this type:

http://www.amazon.com/Remote-Control-Waterproof-Flood-Different/dp/B005KYOE2Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1377113647&sr=8-2&keywords=10w+led

It has an RGB controller on the inside that is conrolled by a remote.  My question is whether or not you can use the LOR controller to alter the colors and timing of this light, and whether or not you need to bypass the light's internernal controller to change the colors.  If anyone has experience using this type of light (not necessarily this exact one) your help would be much appreciated, thank you!

Problem with this type of LED flood is that they are controlled via an infrared remote control so you will not be able to change the color using LOR. I am also not sure how they behave when connected to a dimmer.

Also check out the 10 Watt RGB lights that are being sold at www.gotrgb.com.  The guy who runs the website is great and his prices are pretty reasonable.