Light-O-Rama Forums

Dumb strip hold up year round?

m3chris

I'm about to order 17 of rays dumb strips. I can order with 3m adhesive on the back and was considering of sticking the ip68 strips direct to the gutters. I have a solution for the vertical strips with pvc, but have not seen anything good to attach the pvc to the gutters.

Anyone have them out for a long time yet? I don't want to do it if they will be dull in future seasons if they were to turn milky or hazy.

Chris

I've had several sets out for about a year now and they still work.

They will yellow a little but haven't turned milky.

I will caution you on the adhesive though. That stuff won't last in the outdoor climate. At least that's my experience.

I am using a bunch of dumb strips for year round landscape lighting, so they stay up all the time. I used silicone sealer as a glue. Since it's a silicone tube on the strip, I figured that silicone sealer would stick OK. I have the strip attached to brick and the silicone sticks fine to the porous surface. The strip has been installed for just under a year and has not loosened up at all so far. I also glued some light rope to brick with hot glue a couple years ago. That stuck to the brick fine, but the smooth surface of the light rope separated from the hot glue in several places fairly quickly. Scuffing the surface of the light rope with course sandpaper helped.

• The topic was locked