Light-O-Rama Forums

Is there a good source for American made synchronous motors?

EvilM0nkey

Two of my DJ lights have them to run the spinning gobos and both of them are stripped internally. I have found a few online but I can't seem to find any place that's not from China.

Does anybody know of a place?

This is the motor but I can't find a place to buy it in the U.S.

http://www.directindustry.com/prod/ich-motion-co-ltd/ac-synchronous-electric-motors-70265-570185.html

The "Where to buy" link doesn't show me any results

I can buy a Chinese unit but I would rather find a U.S made 1st.

Edited by EvilM0nkey

• I was assuming they are made my American DJ, but you might contact the manufacturer, whoever they are.

Synchronous motors run continuously, like clock motors.

Stepper motors can stop on a dime at exactly the same place every time and give you change.

• 3 weeks later...

• I was assuming they are made my American DJ, but you might contact the manufacturer, whoever they are.

I finally got around to calling them. I asked and about 3 seconds later he told me they don't have any Synchronous motors and don't know where to find them. He also didn't have anything for Ushio bulbs.

I would bet money he never touched a book or keyboard...

I emailed the person about the motors and the request went to China :( I guess I don't have much choice.

Edited by EvilM0nkey

The bulb type is a 15V Ushio. I ordered a set of them from American Bulb.

Ebay has nothing useful for the motors. All of them are center shaft or $100. I need an offset shaft. :( I have limited space between the motor and the lens.

The motors aren't a show stopper, it just means the flowers and squares won't be spinning in the lights.

This one would likely fit, but I didn't even pay that for the lights themselves

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SYNCHRON-MOTOR-FOR-ELECTRIC-WOOD-GEAR-CLOCK-1-RPM-110v-service-repair-parts-/221264379638?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3384627ef6

Edited by EvilM0nkey

I've ordered several motors from China and they arrived in about 3 weeks; plenty of time to install them.

They have a bigger selection and have a variety of RPMs and you can get offset shafts.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok I finally tracked some down. A seller on ebay put some up that fit what I needed exactly. Got the motors and ushio bulbs in one shot!

Trying to talk to the suppliers directly was nearly impossible.