Light-O-Rama Forums

adding controllers and want to rearrange channels of my setup

utb ghost

I have 15 sequences, and I'm going to add 1- 3 controllers this year (Thanks to neighbors putting 16 channels each on their houses off my display)!

While adding the controllers, I also figure I might adjust to a more logical configuration of channels to controllers. Am I looking at a lot of cut and paste, for each sequence, sequence by sequence, channel by channel, once I begin this task?

I have also downloaded some 48 channel "standard grid" once upon a time for sequence sharing compatibility. Is that still a useful configuration format? Reason ask is I may auto sequence some songs and wonder if it makes sense to follow that guideline OR if auto-programming using visualizer "needs" that format so to speak - or does auto sequencing with visualizer work off layout and colors as identified on the visualizer?

Time is my enemy - so much to do, so little time to do it! Looking for any time compressing ideas especially as I change channels on several controllers ....

I never followed any guides on how to align items just do what works for me.. In such I view my display kind of like a book read left to right. If I add new controllers they are normally added like chapters (tracks) which would mean your neighbors would be added as tracks.. Take a picture in your mind or an actual picture add them as a track working from the house outwards .. House channels first then next step out again left to right. Setup a master layout export and start editing you shouldn't have to much time tied up in that way I figure. Just my way I know others will input ideas.. Side note I do all my own sequences so that way probably doesn't mix with using others sequences.

Thanks pyromill. I started with 16, to 32 to 48 channels. The additions weren't in any particular 4 channel set ......lights where I wanted them, with the channel assignment as much related to how much chord I needed to reach a particular set of lights.

Now I'm at a point where I have to reorganize - some long strands will be broken up into 3 channels instead of one, and I am going to have some easy self programs sets of 4 channels, so I'm thinking of reorganizing about 48 if not 64 of my 80 channels relative to the controller they are connected.

As I think about it - t might just be create the new channel grid, and paste that into all the sequences. Think I just burned out this week thinking about all my builds and planned sequences. Best just get started .....