Light-O-Rama Forums

New 2013 Project. 8ft Box Christmas Tree

gtoyeah

Cool. Seems simple enough. MSD board id what? I've heard of MDF but not MSD.

In my opinion, you are correct, if the Coroplast had been used, it would have been much lighter.

One other thing, Do you have a materials and cut list for anybody who might want to build this. I ask because, I may want to build a few of these for Mini trees next year. I know the cut list would not be the same, but some other folks may want to build one the size of yours.

Great How-to. Thanks for sharing.

On another note, how was the RGB studying? Did you get a chance to look at some of it? OK, I just re-read the post about the CoroCanes. Did you really mean 10-14 FOOT tall? That's big!! :blink:

Cool. Seems simple enough. MSD board id what? I've heard of MDF but not MSD.

In my opinion, you are correct, if the Coroplast had been used, it would have been much lighter.

One other thing, Do you have a materials and cut list for anybody who might want to build this. I ask because, I may want to build a few of these for Mini trees next year. I know the cut list would not be the same, but some other folks may want to build one the size of yours.

Great How-to. Thanks for sharing.

On another note, how was the RGB studying? Did you get a chance to look at some of it? OK, I just re-read the post about the CoroCanes. Did you really mean 10-14 FOOT tall? That's big!! :blink:

Thanks Ron, Yeah i have been doing some looking into RGB. Im more of a hands on and while I am able to watch videos online, there seems to be several choices in the types of RGBs, chips, and different types of power sources. Im not planning on using RGB for this year. However, If I challenge myself and think its possible I would like to try it with my candy cane. And yes. 10-14 foot candy canes. Two of them. I have already started the design. But will not complete it unless I can figure out how to master the RGB. It would take up way to many LOR channels.

Thanks everyone for the input and comments.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Your box christmas tree looks great.   You should name it in your honor, like the Weber tree, Marty fan etc...

I was wondering though -- If you added a blue bulb, would you be able to simulate RGB and get many different colors by varying the intensities?

Jerry

Lol. I like the idea but my name doesn't really seem to fit. Travis Runyan. Oh well

Anyways. Yes I can add blue and get the same or close to the effect at a single Rgb bulb. However that's a lot of channels.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Anyone else make one? Or have a similar design.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • The topic was locked