speaker

zachary

Does anyone now where I can buy a cheap speaker or transmitter

amazon.com

newegg.com

ebay.com

monoprice.com

you have options.

I use an inexpensive receiver and outdoor speakers, think I have $100-150 tops invested in a 100W no name receiver and my outdoor speakers.  Use that for folks that want to listen outside of their cars and have an fm transmitter for the drive-by's.

Edited by caniac

It's a rather vague question. Cheap speakers that will fill a stadium are not as cheap as cheap speakers that will fill my bedroom.

I have a pair of Bose 151 speakers from BJ's ($149), that cover the people standing on the sidewalk in front of my house quite well. They are listening from about 30 feet away through a 100 watt amplifier I got from a local electronics store.

I had cheaper speakers and a 50 watt amp and found it was inadequate.

just remember...you have put a LOT of money toward the visual part of your display...why go cheap on the audio?

Your display is only as good as it's weakest link...

I am using these speakers going on 3 years great sound:  BIC America-3-Way Indoor/Outdoor Speakers (Pair)-RTRV44-2 Model Number: RTRV44-2 ($30 a pair).

For audio I am using:  Sherwood-200W 2.0-Ch. Stereo Receiver-RX-4105 Model Number: RX-4105

Only change I plan on making is replacing the outdoor speakers with a set of Polk Audio Outdoor speakers.

Only change I plan on making is replacing the outdoor speakers with a set of Polk Audio Outdoor speakers.

I also use Polk Atrium speakers...much better sound quality than BOSE...and 1/4 of the price...

For our summer parade this year I found a pair of 8" Polk 'Wakeboard' speakers which I mounted on the luggage

rack of our Corvette so that we could play summer music (Beachboys, Jan & Dean, etc.) while my Lady rode

on the back deck 'boppin out', all to represent our local Amateur Radio Club.  I measured the sound level at

about 6 ft back at 94dB, so it was plenty loud besides being nice and clean.

I plan to use them this year, although in deference to the neighbors, probably not at full sound level.  One of the

nice things about wakeboard speakers is that they are designed to work in a wet environment.  They are easy to

mount as they come with mounting hardware designed to wrap around a pole 1-1/2 inch in diameter, or so.

I noticed that Amazon shows a pair of Polk 6.5 inch speakers at about $60.

Only for the "Lighting Night" I use a pair of Behringer B210 power speakers.  They do a great job, plenty of power.  During show season I use the Ramsey FM30.  I have a backup transmitter, but I dont recall the brand.