Light-O-Rama Forums

When is the mini director getting shipped?

Chris Blount

LightORamaDan wrote:

DerrickHoffland wrote:
Ditto.... x2.

They will start shipping tomorrow!

Awesome! Thanks. The kiddies in the neighborhood are already asking about the display. :P

• 2 weeks later...

DerrickHoffland wrote:

Has anyone received theirs yet? I sent an e-mail to the L-O-R order address last Friday and I have not gotten a response as to where mine are.

Nope. Nothing here yet. As of today my credit card still hasn't been charged.

I got notification this morning from L-O-R that my order will ship within 24 hours. I am pretty disappointed that it has taken this long. Their website stated (and still states) that these would ship in September. I will be lucky to get them by this weekend so I can have them up and running before trick-or-treating on the 27th. Hopefully I won't have trouble figuring out how to use the triggering inputs.

I sent an email to Light-O-Rama asking, if I placed my order in NOW, when will it go out? I got a about a week response, so all the back orders must be shipped before any new orders.

--Daniel L

• 4 weeks later...

Many thanks to the folks at LOR. I finally did receive the mini-director and tested it out on this year's Christmas Display.

What a great product! It works as advertised. The sound quality coming from the unit is also excellent.

One thing I did notice. If there are any flaws in a programmed MP3 file, the sequence for that partcular song will not play and skip to the next sequence. I got around the problem by running the MP3 through an audio editing program and re-saving. Pretty minor but just thought I would mention it.

Again, thanks selling this product. It saves my poor laptop from slaving away every night for the next month. :D

Is it true that the mini director has no clock in it though? so that if you want to schedule your show to run at certain times or days of the week you can not do that? It seems thats what I remember reading on the website? Any info would be great, thanks in advance.

Bill

beardedbil wrote:

Is it true that the mini director has no clock in it though? so that if you want to schedule your show to run at certain times or days of the week you can not do that? It seems thats what I remember reading on the website? Any info would be great, thanks in advance.

Bill

That is correct. The mini director does not have schedule capability.

beardedbil wrote:

Bill

That is true. No scheduling. But there are ways around that.

My show loops for 4 hours a night. I simply placed a power timer on the mini-director (the same timers you use on lamps and such). As soon as the power is supplied to the mini-director, the show starts. At the end of the night, the power simply shuts off and the shows stop.