Light-O-Rama Forums

reverse a morph?

Ralph D

hey guys, quick question I'm trying to make my arch look like it's doing a handclap, I can get both sides of my arch to come up and meet in the middle (the clap part), I can't figure out how to make it go back down, I'm thinking we would call that a reverse morph.  so I guess what I'm asking is can anyone tell me how I would go about taking my morph copying it and turning it around and pasting it, or is there another way to do this.

Thanks everyone

Ralph

Maybe I don't understand what you are wanting to do, but it took me about 15 seconds to produce your handclap.  One pair of morphs for the move in and another pair for the move back out.

Do a save as on the link below - unless you like reading xml files...

http://www.k6ccc.org/lor/Handclap%20test.sup

Edited by k6ccc

hey guys, quick question I'm trying to make my arch look like it's doing a handclap, I can get both sides of my arch to come up and meet in the middle (the clap part), I can't figure out how to make it go back down, I'm thinking we would call that a reverse morph.  so I guess what I'm asking is can anyone tell me how I would go about taking my morph copying it and turning it around and pasting it, or is there another way to do this.

Thanks everyone

Ralph

To be sure, when you clap (at the top) all the lights are on.  Then you want to retrace back down turning off all the lights starting at the top.  If so:

I am at work so I can't remember the check box lable but in the newest software version, there is a new feature added. You would do the reverse morph and check the box something like Fill Behind of Fill Before.  I think the check box is in the lower right corner.

If no one else has replied by tonight, I will check the exact action you need to do.  I have done it a couple times and now it is a cut-n-past process.

I modified my original suggestion and have added a second handclap.  The first one has the hands go in and back out.  The second one has everything outside the hands also filled and I did it completely differently than the first one.  Like many things in SS, there are more ways than one to accomplish the same task.  Same link as my message above.

Sorry guys, I had to drive a 130 mins to a hospital my father is in, he's no doing good again and its my moms bday today so i surprised them both and just showed up. brought my mom a small bday cake and a card and sang happy birthday to her in the middle of the hospital,....she started crying, and my dad his favorite snack.  left at 11 this morning and just got home. Dad, 87 and has many health issues, mainly stemming from his 6 years in a gunnery room in the navy during the time of the korean war, mainly  asbestos, his lungs are shutting down, hes lost a ton of weight, so what he has left is his uncanny ability to never complain, and fantastic attitude towards life. Even with everything going on this man is always happy.

As for the hand clap, if you would've put your hands down along the sides of your body,  raise them straight out to the sides  and up over your heads,  clap your hands and in the same motion bringing back down to the sides of your bodies. that's what I'm calling the handclap motion. So with one arch, lights would turn on starting at the bottom left and right in unison come up to the center of the arch look like they touch together and then the lights turn off as the hands go back down to the bottom. Sorry for the long explanation, I'm a newbie when it comes the pixels only my second day playing with them I bought one set of CCP's 100s at the show, and decided to do something easy with it for my first year, so my first set of pixels will be to mini arches 10 feet long on each arch. I have not figured out how going to mount them, either zip tie them to a piece of PVC. I'd like to find out if anyone has drilled holes in PVC and pushed the pixels into it and how that looked. But all in all I'm really excited about having my first set of pixels.

I'm going to download the two links you guys posted for me thanks so much and I will let you know how it works out, but I just came home and I have to see the wife for a little while and then hopefully I can sneak off for an hour and play with this...... really am excited to learn this new pixels thing.

And I have an idea  I think it  is something that could be fun i  cant  get input right this second but I will be posting about it tonight and am really hoping everyone gets involved a little bit it might be fun for us all.

Ralph  

okay I snuck a second and wrote quick download them and both arches are fantastic guys, I was getting the apartment and what I was looking for as I saw in Jim's it was a scene, so I was off altogether to do specifically what I was looking for I would have to do the handclap in scene mode and not morph. Stupid beginner here.lol I wanted the trail of the clap to stay on and not fade away and as the clap comes back down the pixels would turn off pixel by pixel. Can you create this as a morph? damn this is pretty cool. Everyone that help me thank you very much, hugely appreciated. And like I said tonight I'm going to do a simple post in the coffee shop, see if anyone wants to have some fun with my idea.

Thanks again everyone your all the best

Ralph

Ralph,

The check box I was trying to think of is titled 'Show Entire Head At Start'.

You have the morph for the first half when the hands come together at the top.  You do a second morph starting at the top and go to the bottom with no tail and the 'Show Entire Head At Start' checked.  This will start with the complete arch on and morph it off as it sweeps down.