Light-O-Rama Forums

video help

paralegalnc

I posted this a few months ago...maybe veterans have logged on now... I am incorporating video into this year's show.  I have a projector... I have the video to be projected.... I have used the video file instead of the mp3 and got the lights all sequenced to it.  I just don't know how to get it from my computer screen to the video screen without showing everything else on my screen.  Someone said to set up a second monitor but I am kinda computer illiterate and don't know how to do that.  I want just the video portion projecting but want to keep my monitor screen on the LOR stuff in case it's needed or I have burps in my show.  can someone put it in plain English?

Edited by paralegalnc

paralegainc:

I know in the sequence editor you can tell it to run the video in full screen. It's under "view" and then "video". The only problem is that after the sequence is done you will your regular screen back.

Larry

• 2 months later...

paralegainc:

I know in the sequence editor you can tell it to run the video in full screen. It's under "view" and then "video". The only problem is that after the sequence is done you will your regular screen back.

Larry

is there an answer to this??

Your projector should be seen as a second monitor in windows. Do to your display settings, and make sure its not set to mirror monitoe 1. There should be a setting to extend your desktop on monitor 2 instead of showing the same thing on both monitors.

• Like 1

ok so set it to extend not duplicate... I will try that today. cuz if say something goes wrong in the show... I don't want people seeing what I am doing...plus I have to be able to get to my software...