Light-O-Rama Forums

Trusted Vendors

Guest Don Gillespie

I guess they didn't like the way the conversation was going, apparently the solution to the problem was either too simple or they didn't like the comparison to the IRS.

• Like 1

I guess it was my fault cause I said LOR did not care.  The solution is so simple like I said in the locked thread.

Rather classless of who ever did it without explanation.  All companies must withstand some adversarial opinions at some point, and doing that just aggravates the situation. Social, communication and community leadership are part of my profession, and some of the actions I've seen here just baffle me.  Hence my very low post count, yet long membership term, and I was an unregistered lurker well before that.

I guess they didn't like the way the conversation was going, apparently the solution to the problem was either too simple or they didn't like the comparison to the IRS.

Sorry, it was me. I mentioned the IRS deal. My bad. ;)

I forget how sensitive the world has become.

It was my understanding from previous discussions that LOR didn't want to be held responsible for shady deals or dealers posting here.  (in a nutshell)

Guest Don Gillespie

It was my understanding from previous discussions that LOR didn't want to be held responsible for shady deals or dealers posting here.  (in a nutshell)

That is not what the op had asked, I asked why was the thread shut down, seems to me no one wants to answer, another big power trip I guess.

Are you saying that all of the vendors that were posting were shady? If so, I'm here to inform you that I'm not one of them and just one unhappy customer is one too many. I'm not perfect and I've made mistakes, however I do the best I can to take care of my customers.

That has to be the farthest from the truth.

Not sure what previous discussions your talkin about so maybe refer them here so we can be informed.

Doug (and others) have proven to be A+ customer related dealers so referring to shady IS NOT the deal here.

Hey Doug? your not related to Snowden or Manning by chance are you? :lol:  Just trying to solve the mystery here. That's all.

If the rules are clearly defined then LOR isn't responsible!  LOR never stated they felt like they would be responsible, they just shut down the thread.  Shady deals and dealers are all over, I am sure there are still some here.  You can't prevent that, that is why the buyer should always beware.

Well I guess it's official, we will never know why it was locked and never know the "new rules". 

Well I guess it's official, we will never know why it was locked and never know the "new rules". 

does that mean we continue to push buttons until we figure out where the boundaries are!!  I am the Grand PooBa of pushing boundaries!!

• Like 1

Guest Don Gillespie

does that mean we continue to push buttons until we figure out where the boundaries are!!  I am the Grand PooBa of pushing boundaries!!

Ya they won't tell you they just ban you from the forum for a while, typical garbage, it is an easy question again they think if they ignore it it will go away, why was the first thread locked?

I did get an answer from a mod for my original issue, after getting it all sorted out, everything was good.

I would say that in my case, being a new user (and not understanding this forum) is what got me into trouble, I think I'm "in the ok books" for now, but in saying that in this thread..... :)

Greg

Guest Don Gillespie

I did get an answer from a mod for my original issue, after getting it all sorted out, everything was good.

I would say that in my case, being a new user (and not understanding this forum) is what got me into trouble, I think I'm "in the ok books" for now, but in saying that in this thread..... :)

Greg

I am guessing that if William and Jeff were still around we would have had an answer by now.

The thread was locked as it appeared as if people were trying to come up with their own guidelines for vendors. Looks like this thread is going in the same direction, but I digress. I would ask anyone reading this thread in the future not to consider the posts of others as an official (or unofficial) policy. Only Dan can do that.

I've had a policy written up for at least a month now, and had previously communicated the bulk of it to Dan 4 or 5 months ago. I'm sending him emails daily to remind him that this needs to be finalized. If it were up to me (and it's not) the vendor policy would have been in place long ago. I want the policy in place just like everyone else, but I don't make the final call on that, Dan does.

Trust me, as soon as Dan gives final approval the policy will be announced.

Was that so hard to answer this question at the start thanks

Didn't see the thread until yesterday.

Sorry.