Light-O-Rama Forums

Hierachy Question

sharpsvillelights

I am using CCP's in a tree.

I have a pattern where I turn the tree all blue and have snowflakes rotating across the the tree.

On line 1 of the grid I turn all the pixels on the tree to blue.

On line 2 of the grid I turn selected pixels to white snowflakes.

At first I thought that for each pixel location of the snowflake I would have to turn off the associated pixel on the blue tree.

But by accident I did a pattern where I did not turn off the blue tree pixel and it looked like I got white snowflakes.

I thought that by not turning off the blue tree pixel I would get a mixture of the two colors for that pixel.

Am I correct to assume that when you have a pixel designated with two different colors, the color with the lower line number takes prescedence?

Eventually I would like to make it work the way you say, where the layer number determines the priority, but currently the layer has no effect on priority. The rule it follows is that when there is a "channel collision" then the shorter channel command is thrown out. This works well for most cases, and in your case, the blue command from the snowflake is shorter in time length so it gets thrown out, but since the background is blue it all works the way you want.

Brian,

What you described is what I though would happen.  However the blue tree is a long time length (15 seconds) and the white snowflake is .1 second.  The results is tje white snowflake shows up on the blue background.

Previously, I would turn off the pixel on the blue background where the snowflake was.  But the second time I forgot to do this, keeping the blue background total solid, but got the same results as the previous one.

Realize the difference between "pixel collision" and "channel collision." SuperStar doesn't care about pixel collisions. Channel collisions are what it cares about. Each pixel has a red, a green, and a blue channel. So if you have a red effect and a green effect that use the same pixels, there are no channel collisions and what will happen is where they intersect you will get yellow.

In your case the blue channel collides, but since both effects are using blue it doesn't matter that one of them gets thrown out. Realize it is the blue channel command that gets thrown out, not the whole pixel.

I am using CCP's in a tree.

I have a pattern where I turn the tree all blue and have snowflakes rotating across the the tree.

On line 1 of the grid I turn all the pixels on the tree to blue.

On line 2 of the grid I turn selected pixels to white snowflakes.

At first I thought that for each pixel location of the snowflake I would have to turn off the associated pixel on the blue tree.

But by accident I did a pattern where I did not turn off the blue tree pixel and it looked like I got white snowflakes.

I thought that by not turning off the blue tree pixel I would get a mixture of the two colors for that pixel.

Am I correct to assume that when you have a pixel designated with two different colors, the color with the lower line number takes prescedence?

You wouldn't mind sharing that effect would you. I have a snowflake effect I created, but the bkg is black/blank. I'd like to see how you did that.

Ron,

I think I have your email address.  I will email it to you tonight.  It is a colored tree with white snowflakes which spin around it.  However, I am using half strand or 25ct lights.  Remember, you had assisted me on this.