Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie programming

Eaglesclaw

This is my first actual attempt on programming a song using LOR Visualiser.  Could not find out how to save it with music so I video'd it with my phone to post here.  Couldn't stop the auto focus, but still came out pretty sweet.  I am open for all critiquing as I an very new to this.  All input is welcomed.

Edited by Eaglesclaw

looks good,,,only thing that I noticed was the fan on the right the colors are not the same as the one on the left. looks like yuo have a green and orange channel reversed. but good job on sequencing

looks good,,,only thing that I noticed was the fan on the right the colors are not the same as the one on the left. looks like yuo have a green and orange channel reversed. but good job on sequencing

Thank you and I will look into the colors!

Ahh I see, when I copied the fan I forget to mirror image the colors.  Thanks again.

Edited by Eaglesclaw

In the upper right of your visualizer window you will see a slider bar you can use to darken the picture. It makes it look more like night and you can see the lights better that way.

In the upper right of your visualizer window you will see a slider bar you can use to darken the picture. It makes it look more like night and you can see the lights better that way.

Thanks!  I did try that but when it was darker than where I video'd it at the picture did not come out too good, so I had to brighten it for my phone camera. Maybe I'll try with some overhead lights next time to brighten up the screen enough for the camera.

I like that you used your "Tune To" sign in the sequence. I see a lot of displays that just leave the sign on all the time, which I think distracts from the display. Using it like you did to pulse to the beat not only integrates it into the display, but draws the attention of a visitor who hasn't yet found his radio dial.

Your Bethlehem star seems to have 3 channels, which is great as several of my props used to be 3-channel. When sequencing a song in 3/4 time signature like "Amazing Grace", I personally think a 3-channel prop looks good when sequenced 1,2,3,1.2,3,... You used 1,2,3,2,1,1,2,3,2,1,... (You're free to ignore that, it's just my personal preferences.) When sequencing a 4/4 song, I like to use 1,2,3,2,1,2,3,2,....

I like that you used your "Tune To" sign in the sequence. I see a lot of displays that just leave the sign on all the time, which I think distracts from the display. Using it like you did to pulse to the beat not only integrates it into the display, but draws the attention of a visitor who hasn't yet found his radio dial.

Your Bethlehem star seems to have 3 channels, which is great as several of my props used to be 3-channel. When sequencing a song in 3/4 time signature like "Amazing Grace", I personally think a 3-channel prop looks good when sequenced 1,2,3,1.2,3,... You used 1,2,3,2,1,1,2,3,2,1,... (You're free to ignore that, it's just my personal preferences.) When sequencing a 4/4 song, I like to use 1,2,3,2,1,2,3,2,....

Yeah I don't want a static Tune To sign.  I've seen a few before and they do look somewhat boring.  I'm still working on the tweaking the sequence.  I'm trying to get it to look like the Holdman star.  I figure once I have the real star in place I'll do my final tweaking.  I am planning on starting to build the star in just a couple weeks.  That star was not easy to build with the visualizer, but easier than trying to freehand the 88.5!!!

Ahh I went back and looked at the sequence. You're right, after the first 3 beats it reverts to 12321123. The first sequence is 12321.  When I copy/pasted I didn't get the first beat over the last beat.  I somehow placed it next to it.  I will fix that right away.  Thanks Steven for pointing that out.