Light-O-Rama Forums

Galaxia Lighting Question

dgray

I have come across around 500 strands of Galaxia white and RBG light strands.  I have 9 controller boxes with a pre-programmed show on each card.  I have two questions:  First, is there any way to use these lights with my LOR controllers (this would be the ideal situation). And secondly, does anyone out there know where I could get my hands in the software to re-program the shows, if I cannot use the lights with my LORs.

I really appreciate any and all suggestions.

Thank You,

David Gray

Have you tried the forum at Planet Christmas?  When they first started selling they were promoting their products there.

They didn't last too long, so I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't find anything to support them, but you never know.

Good Luck,

Scott

I have come across around 500 strands of Galaxia white and RBG light strands.  I have 9 controller boxes with a pre-programmed show on each card.  I have two questions:  First, is there any way to use these lights with my LOR controllers (this would be the ideal situation). And secondly, does anyone out there know where I could get my hands in the software to re-program the shows, if I cannot use the lights with my LORs.

I really appreciate any and all suggestions.

Thank You,

David Gray

As far as using them with LOR, no it's not possible.  About 2 years ago, shortly after Galaxia went out of business, I was looking all over for someone with Galaxia lights that I could buy or borrow, thinking that I would have a look at the protocol and see about adding support for those to my pixel controller.  I only got a couple of responses and nothing ever came of it.  I finally decided that if there weren't may Galaxia owners out there it probably wasn't worth the trouble.  Curious though as to where you managed to find so many Galaxia pixels.

I work for a park, and the lights were part of a display we had years before I started working here.  They only used it one year, and When it was taken down, the display was never labeled so they could not get it up and running again.  I figured out the sequence, so the original display works, but I was just hoping that I could pitch the Galaxia controllers and use the lights with my LORs.

• The topic was locked