Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone in need of lightning?!

scubado

I got my new 36V power supply and 100w led and fired it up tonight.  WOW, it lights up the night like lightning!!!  It will be setup to light my giant Maple canopy.

It does need a beefy heat sink,  I currently have it mounted to 1/2" aluminum plate and it's heating it up fairly quick.  I won't be running at full power, but when I want a burst of light, I got it!

My skills are available if you need a custom heat sink. I have plenty of access to billet alum. and I love a good project.

My skills are available if you need a custom heat sink. I have plenty of access to billet alum. and I love a good project.

My previous posts I tried to do with my phone, stupid phone.   Anyway it SHOULD have said that "my skills with a Mill are available".  I can make custom heat sinks with fins, pockets, screw patterns, whatever you need.  Maybe even a spot for a small fan...

there are different kinds of lighting. for chrismas day and another occassion you can use light-o-rama. it has 16, 32, 48, 64 and many output. you can choice any of one and decorate your house.

LED- http://www.ebay.com/itm/111078876327?var=410178343778&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Power supply- http://www.ebay.com/itm/110979090493?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648

rainyoregonchristmas: Thanks for the offer, but I did find a heat sink for the light.

I'll get some pics of the fixture when I get it mounted in the tree in the next day or two.

Cool.  I looked at both links.  Are you just hooking the power supply directly up the LED (after adjusting the power supply voltage down a bit), or going through a LOR DC controller to control it, or some other controller?

For testing, I hooked directly to power supply adjusted to 34V.  I have it permanently mounted in tree.  Tomorrow I finish running wire to the house to the controller.

• The topic was locked