Light-O-Rama Forums

First time

garygoldsmith

I started with 16 channels last year in September, and by all intensive purposes I started way too late. I managed with some creativity to throw together a somewhat decent show. About 30 people showed up for opening night and they all seemed to enjoy it. To be honest if you're going to do this, I wouldn't waste any more time. Had I put more time into the show it would have been spectacular considering most people in neighborhoods throw up a few sets of lights and call it a day. A 16 channel controller can be amazing to watch for most people even if its done half-assed in three months by a rookie like me. 

This is three months of effort never having worked with Light O Rama software. I used 1 CTB16 controller and the Advanced Light O Rama software package.

I managed to throw together 13 songs, build 4 window boxes, and 6 mini trees. As you can see in this video ( Sorry for poor quality) I was controlling Icicle lights on the roof. I had each window box set up with red, blue and green lights, 6 mini trees with various colors, and 12 candy canes. If you're creative enough you can stretch 16 channels to do way more than I did. For instance I only used 6 channels for 12 candy canes. Candy cane 1 and 12 were on one channel as well as 2 and 11 etc. 

http://youtu.be/uYDRyFTvBFE

Haha, and I just now realize that I've already posted on this topic before. 

Very nice!