Light-O-Rama Forums

Mini Lights, buy now or wait?

slim00209

I need about 30 100 count strands of white, and about 10 100 count strands of blue Mini Lights. The cheapest I have found online is about 6-7 dollars a strand plus shipping. If I remember right, last year I bought several strands of the Lowes brand for about 3 dollars a pop. Should I buy now online or wait? If I wait, any idea about what time of the year the big box stores start to carry them? Thanks in advance.

My Brother-in-Law works for Big Lots. He said Halloween was scheduled to be in his store within the next 2 weeks. If they do what they did last year, their Christmas stuff will be arriving a few weeks after that. I'm sure the rest will follow suit, WM, HD, Lowes etc.

I hope that's the way it will work. I can't see paying tripple the price online. I will be hitting they day after Christmas sales this year, that's for sure.

although not fully stocked yet, we saw a good amount of christmas lights at garden ridge pottery this weekend.. along with some halloween stuff too.  incans were $5.99 per 100 for minis... but i think garden ridge might only be a texas thing, not sure.

Edited by gc75067

although not fully stocked yet, we saw a good amount of christmas lights at garden ridge pottery this weekend.. along with some halloween stuff too.  incans were $5.99 per 100 for minis... but i think garden ridge might only be a texas thing, not sure.

not a texas thing, we have a couple here.  One in Raleigh and one in Greensboro.

I need about 30 100 count strands of white, and about 10 100 count strands of blue Mini Lights. The cheapest I have found online is about 6-7 dollars a strand plus shipping. If I remember right, last year I bought several strands of the Lowes brand for about 3 dollars a pop. Should I buy now online or wait? If I wait, any idea about what time of the year the big box stores start to carry them? Thanks in advance.

Go talk to your local big-box manager and ask him if you can reserve them and at what price.  It's probably too late for him to adjust his order this year for you, if he even has that latitude and it's not something determined by the "home office."  The worst he can do is tell you he can't do that, or can't let you know, and you're out nothing but some time.

Lowe's has been doing their after-Christmas sales early, and that's a decision from the "home office" - most of it gets marked down about two weeks before Christmas to clear the shelves.  The manager may be able to give you that exact date as well.

• Like 1

Go talk to your local big-box manager and ask him if you can reserve them and at what price.  It's probably too late for him to adjust his order this year for you, if he even has that latitude and it's not something determined by the "home office."  The worst he can do is tell you he can't do that, or can't let you know, and you're out nothing but some time.

Lowe's has been doing their after-Christmas sales early, and that's a decision from the "home office" - most of it gets marked down about two weeks before Christmas to clear the shelves.  The manager may be able to give you that exact date as well.

Duly noted.  Thank you!

Check Walmart on there prices

walmart won't have anything yet, doesn't help you if you are building props and can't get the lights.

Around here Menards is the first to start Haloween and Christmas soon after.

That's a regional chain I've heard a lot about but too far to drive to see.  As far as I know, there's none in the mid-Atlantic area.

That's a regional chain I've heard a lot about but too far to drive to see.  As far as I know, there's none in the mid-Atlantic area.

Time to move?!  :P

I don't know what part of California you are in but Temecula, Ca.  has a Hobby Lobby.  I was there on Saturday and they had all their Christmas stuff  on the shelf.

I had to leave so I wouldn't go broke.

• Like 1

I was told that the Hobby Lobby in Merced CA (Central Valley) had tons of red and white for about $2 a box. I'm headed there tomorrow, crossing my fingers for blue.

so I can go back to school shopping for my son and Christmas light shopping for me,,,sounds like a good day

Went to my local Hobby Lobby today. All they really had was GE brand 100 count mini lights, a few 25 count C9 LED and incan trunk wraps. The incan mini light (what I was interested in), were 4.99 per box. I think ill wait till' the big box store or Big Lots get their stuff before I buy.