Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone use Bliss Firefly projector light

dbltrukr1

Wondering if anyone uses The Blisslights Firefly projector lights in their show and if so how well does it work? Wife saw it on QVC and it looks pretty cool.

http://www.qvc.com/BlissLights-Outdoor-Indoor-Firefly-Light-Projector-with-Timer.product.H200056.html?sc=H200056-Zone&cm_scid=zone&cm_sp=MERCHZONE-_-Featured:+Best+Sellers-_-1

Ii tired one sinilar a while back and was reallly disapointed in the results............The light might work Ok under perfect conditions but I also noticed if you are using other light in your display the light from the firefly unit seems to get dround out.

i got one used it last year if you have a dark spot on your house or yard it will work fine its not as bright as thay make it on t.v. and if you want it to move you ll have to figure out how to do that is satic also be advised it is a lazer do not point it into the sky or towards people or roadways.

Edited by t purser

i got one used it last year if you have a dark spot on your house or yard it will work fine its not as bright as thay make it on t.v. and if you want it to move you ll have to figure out how to do that is satic also be advised it is a lazer do not point it into the sky or towards people or roadways.

I saw it today on one of the shopping channels and I saw it pointed up in a tree and was thinking the same thing. one of the host actually said can be used as up lighting,,,I am not so sure if it can . also pretty expensive for what it does

HI Gang,

So I looked these Bliss Lights up online and they are pricey! However, with a little DIY, I found these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/RGB-DMX512-Digital-Crystal-Ball-Lighting-Effect-LED-Light-Disco-DJ-Stage-Show/360678967606?_trksid=p2045573.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D27%26meid%3D42264818687656407%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D1011%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D251195035761%26

I bought 3 of them and they will mount on the inside of the deck railing facing the house. THe DIY Part, THe container store carries plastic containers that these will fit in. One has to add a couple of boards to mount the light and the box. The lid that comes with the box can be cut round to house the lense. then just caulk around the lense and you are good to go. :D

Kip