Light-O-Rama Forums

Zeus Controller?

tbetgeorge

Has anyone seen it or heard the actual price of this unit (Zeus Controller)?  I've looked and there's almost no info on this product or pictures as well. My understanding is it was shown at The Academy but that's about all I can find. If anyone has any real info, could you pass it on? Getting ready to order a few DMX controllers and would like to get the most bang for my buck. If nothing else I'll probably just order a lot (8) of these:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Lamp-controller-LED-lamp-controller-DMX-24-channel-controller-8-pieces-lot/682079698.html

I bought one from Ray Wu last month, but two of the channels are not working... I hear he's usually the go-to guy, but so far he's been unresponsive once I told him I had an issue :/

Thank you guys for helping me so much on my first year!

- Tom

Has anyone seen it or heard the actual price of this unit (Zeus Controller)?  I've looked and there's almost no info on this product or pictures as well. My understanding is it was shown at The Academy but that's about all I can find. If anyone has any real info, could you pass it on? Getting ready to order a few DMX controllers and would like to get the most bang for my buck. If nothing else I'll probably just order a lot (8) of these:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Lamp-controller-LED-lamp-controller-DMX-24-channel-controller-8-pieces-lot/682079698.html

I bought one from Ray Wu last month, but two of the channels are not working... I hear he's usually the go-to guy, but so far he's been unresponsive once I told him I had an issue :/

Thank you guys for helping me so much on my first year!

- Tom

Ironically a few minutes after this post, Ray just sent me a message after a few days and is refunding my money for the bad unit. I see why he's so well-respected :)

Why don't you just buy a Sandevices E682 and run E1.31? Multicast you can get 7 universes of 170 pixels and in Unicast 12 Universes. All for $170 unless you can solder, you'll save $60 if you can.

I'm just starting with them, but as I understand it, It can be set-up to run a full string of Smart pixels as 1 Pixel, just like a dumb strip/string. Then when you're ready to go Pixel, just change the settings. For $900, you can buy a boatload of Pixels from Ray plus the board.

Just a thought

Edited by Ron Boyd

Why don't you just buy a Sandevices E682 and run E1.31? Multicast you can get 7 universes of 170 pixels and in Unicast 12 Universes. All for $170 unless you can solder, you'll save $60 if you can.

I'm just starting with them, but as I understand it, It can be set-up to run a full string of Smart pixels as 1 Pixel, just like a dumb strip/string. Then when you're ready to go Pixel, just change the settings. For $900, you can buy a boatload of Pixels from Ray plus the board.

Just a thought

Thanks, Ron. I actually already own and use the E682. Even if you run a full string as 1 pixel, you need digital strips which are more than double the price of dumb strips. For my application, I will never change colors on a strip and I am using 40 strings so far of double density RGB strips (72 watts, 2 amps per channel). This would cost a ton of money using pixels. So for this part of my display, I really want to go with the dumb RGB route...

OK, That's cool. It just seemed like a bunch of money for those. Back to your question then.

Later