Light-O-Rama Forums

SS Sequencer keeps loading the same audio file

Buzz

I just purchased a license upgrade from Basic Plus to Standard and a new license for Super Star with 2 ccr's. After opening a new SS file I was prompted to open an Audio file. When I played the file a different song played other than the one I loaded. Every time I started a new file the same audio file loads. 

I checked on the license in Sequence Editor and it indicates I am authorized for Standard and 2 ccr's. The versions however are different. The Standard version is 3.1.2 and the Super Star version is 3.1.0.2. Not sure if that is relevant though.  

Need help!!

Thanks

I'm not sure why the correct audio file is not playing. When you say that SuperStar prompted you to open an Audio file, exactly what does the message say? I am not aware of SuperStar prompting for an audio file when you open a new sequence. The only place I know where it prompts for an audio file is in the Instant Sequence dialog box, if you press the "sequence all" button and you have no audio file loaded it prompts for an audio file. If you start a new sequence it does not prompt for an audio file, it just doesn't play any audio when you play the sequence.

Also, the current version of the Sequence Editor is 3.10.6. The current version of SuperStar is 3.10.0.6. If that is not the version you are running, go to the lightorama software download page and download the latest version.

It the audio file problem persists, let me know.

Brian, I am working with an Instant Sequence. I tried it again after downloading the newest software. I go to tools and hit instant sequence and then hit the open audio file button and selected the file. When I said Open another pop up flashed by. It was so fast it took me several tries to get the following message "Audio File Status : Processing failed". Not sure why.

Also, I now have the latest software for Sequence Editor and Super Star.

Audio issue continues. I have tried a few things. I used my laptop to try building an instant sequence and it worked fine. Audio file loaded and the sequence was generated. It also played fine with the visualizer. Since It played well on my laptop I was lead to believe there was a software problem so I uninstalled the software and reloaded. The issue was not resolved. I loaded 5 different songs into the instant sequencer and the "Audio File Status: Processing failure" message came up on all of them. Not sure what else to try.

Sorry it has taken me so long for me to answer.

Since it is working on one computer and not another, I suspect there is something different on the computer that is failing. All audio files are converted to a .wav file and then SuperStar plays the wav file. The error you are getting indicates the conversion to a wav file failed. It could have failed for a variety of reasons. Some things you can check are:

1) Check to make sure the hard drive on that computer is not full

2) Make sure there are no other programs using the audio file

Is there anything else different about the computer that is failing?

Thanks Brian. I converted the mp3 to a WAV file and it worked fine. Now I'll have a reason to get a new desktop. lol