Light-O-Rama Forums

Fade up or down in SSS?

Joe T

Last year I put my Mr. Christmas box away and moved up to 32 channels of Light-O-Rama.

I am adding 4 CCR arches to my production this year.  This is the first time I've used SSS and am having a LOT of fun with it.  The Youtube tutorials are terrific!  Thanks for that!!!

Here's my question: How do you fade the light intensity up or down on the ribbons?  I just can't figure out in the scene setup or the morph setup how to do it.  When I look at the Deck the Halls example Brian did and posted on youtube, it looks like the intensity fades up at different times on the CCR's. 

Thanks for any help.

To fade up, start with black as your first color and, say, Red as the second. The program will give you a warning about using Black as your first color or something like that. You'll have to redo that particular effect, but the program will take it the second time. To fade down you just simply take out the end color.

A little tip: if you want a long fade in or out, just make the effect the length you want it, a short fade of course make the effect less time. Here's the tip: I may have a section, say 5 seconds long, but I don't want a fade that long, I do a 4.5 second solid and then a .5 second fade. That way it only fades for a short amount of time. See attached for examples.

Hope this helps.

Ron

Thanks Ron.

I guess that's one of those "well, duh" moments for me!!

Much simpler than I thought.

Thanks Ron.

I guess that's one of those "well, duh" moments for me!!

Much simpler than I thought.

:) Thanks for the chuckle. Yeah, once you get the hang of how things are done in SSS, it makes sequencing much easier. I only have ~1600 Pixels this year and I just don't know how I would be able to get mine done.

Glad I could help.