Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB 16KD Kit

Bobster 40

I am thinking about ordering the 16kd build it your self kit from LOR I know you have to order the plugs seperate but I noticed that they do not offer a box to install the board .I know they sell the plastic box for the ctb16pc .I was wondering if anyone had any advise on this or a model of a box that this board would fit into with out to many mods. I would just buy the ctb16pc kit ,but i kinda want to stick with the same board as the show time controller i ordered. I also was wondering if I could use the showtime starter set i ordered as guide if I had any trouble with the placement of anything, I assume its the same board?If anyone has any advise that be great.

Bobster 40 wrote:

I was wondering what type of box do you use .I have been told that the plastic box would be okay ,my concern was the high power heat sinks

LOR says the plastic box is rated for up to 30 amps, so unless you are using 2-20 amp circuits, that's not a problem.

Bobster 40 wrote:

I assume its the same board?If anyone has any advise that be great.

I did not build (meaning solder them, I did however assemble the materials) my 1602 or the 16PC boards, and have one of each. Not knowing how hard it is to build, I can only say that the two boards do not look the same, nor are they laid out the same.

You would have to ask Dan the differences, but I think that the 16PC can not be upgraded to 40 amps based on the design of the board, where the 1602 can be as long as the power cords and fuses were replaced and rated for 20 amps each.