Light-O-Rama Forums

Multiple CCB strings and controllers with superstar software

mike carlson

Hey Guys..
Here is my situation.. I have two CCB controllers with two strings for each of them, all of the strings are hung as one long continuous string. The first pixel of the first string on the first controller is on the far left, the last pixel on the second string for the second controller is on the far right. In the sequence editor I am able to create a complete chase with all 200 pixels starting at far left to far right.. Now in the superstar software how would I create the simulation of one long CCR/CCB with 200 pixel and use the instant Sequence. It seems the superstar software will not recognize the second string of each controller, so when I go to export from superstar and import to Sequence editor, I only get data for the first string on each controller, no data for the second string on each controller. Any Idea??? 

Thanks
Mike..

To do a visualization of CCBs in the visualizer you create two CCR strings in the visualizer. When you configure the CCBs using the Hardware Utility be sure to configure them as "dual normal" and then the controller will treat each string as if it is a CCR. For example, if you set "dual normal" and then set a unit ID of 04 then the first string will have unit ID 04 and the second string will have unit ID 05. As far as the software is concerned, each string will be treated as a CCR.

The next thing to do is to do you visualization of the 4 CCB strings, but when you do it, use the CCR tool to create 4 CCR strings and make pixel #1 of each string be the pixel that is closest to the CCB controller. When you import the visualization into superstar, there is an "Import Visualization" dialog box, in that dialog box enter 200 as the "Max Length" of a sequencing row, then that will allow all 4 of your CCB strings to be on one sequencing row and you can do one morph across all 4 of your CCB strings.

Hey Thank-you very much Brian... This work great ... I am now able to use the instant sequencer for my one long CCB string ..... Yippeeeeeeee !!!! Now to get back to work...

Mike..

• 4 weeks later...

Brian-

This just answered a question I had, also. 
Thanks for the detailed instruction.

Ken