Light-O-Rama Forums

CMB24D and Hardware Utility

Denny

I would think that you could download the newest firmware from the firmware section of the LOR website, but i looked and it isn't there yet. Also, I don't think it makes a difference what version of the software you are using as long as the updated hex file is in the firmware folder.

Ken,

I don't think it appropriate to discuss LOR's solution in a public forum.

However I will PM you if you feel that would be acceptable.

Martin

I'm obviously hitting some sensitive nerves here, and I apologize.

My intent is so that others would know how you solved your problem with the CMB24D controller and the Hardware Utility.

That's how people benefit from having a forum like this.

You're certainly welcome to keep the solution private.

Just curious.

Ken,

I maybe worded my reply carelessly. No nerve damage here ;) but I feel it may be commercially insensitive to place LOR's solution in the public domain.

All I would advise, if anyone else feels it to be a problem, is to contact LOR direct.

I have dropped you a PM

Martin

• 2 weeks later...

I'm obviously hitting some sensitive nerves here, and I apologize.

My intent is so that others would know how you solved your problem with the CMB24D controller and the Hardware Utility.

That's how people benefit from having a forum like this.

You're certainly welcome to keep the solution private.

Just curious.

I am now fighting the same problem with my CMB24D card.  I've purchased the latest software, reset the CMB24d. LOR office is closed for the night, can you please give me the secret combination for fixing this problem?

I am now fighting the same problem with my CMB24D card.  I've purchased the latest software, reset the CMB24d. LOR office is closed for the night, can you please give me the secret combination for fixing this problem?

When you open the Hardware Utility (HWU) or Sequence Editor, what version does it say you are running?

If it is a version 3.10 or higher, you are saying that you are getting "unknown device" when loading into the HWU? If you are running 3.10.8 or higher and you are still getting "unknown device" then you might want to consider a re-install of the software.

I would suggest an uninstall, reboot, re-install.

Don, I'm using 3.10.6 and just installed it.  I will uninstall and install 3.10.8 (don't know why 3.10.8 didin't download).  I kind of doubt that that was what LOR instructed Granddad to do, but I'll try it just the same.

Thanks

Reinstalled 3.10.6 (couldn't find a 3.10.8 upgrade?) HWU will still not recognize the CMB24D card so I sent in a Help Ticket. 

Reinstalled 3.10.6 (couldn't find a 3.10.8 upgrade?) HWU will still not recognize the CMB24D card so I sent in a Help Ticket. 

Check your email. You have a reply to the ticket.

Also, when you say "HWU will still not recognize the CMB24D card" do you mean that the status light on the controller never goes steady? If the light goes steady, then you have communication between the HWU and CMB24D. 

Are you getting "unknown device" in the HWU? 

Theron,

I am also running 3.10.6 and the CMB24D operates correctly for me in the HWU, although I have to say that on the first "refresh" of the HWU with the unit connected it was not detected correctly. A disconnect / reconnect of the USB-RS485 to the PC followed by a second refresh cured that. Since then all has worked fine. If you check the LOR_DeviceFile.txt file in Program Files/Light-O-Rama/ folder it should contain an entry for the CMB24D, although apparently there are more changes in the software that have also changed.

Martin

Edited by grandad

I seen the "Unknown Device" many times over the years on different software versions/equipment. Usually just refreshing fixes it. As for this specific board...I was running 3.9.0 and got the "Unknown Device" too. But it works perfect when you run the sequence which is what really matters. I figured it was just a software issue with the HWU that would be fixed in a new release...and sounds like that is the case.

And Ken, you links are always helpful. Well let this one go...but next time double check your work...and mine too :-)