Light-O-Rama Forums

Need help before Summer Sale ends tonight...

zeighty

1st year LOR'er.

Should I invest in the Mini Director for $90 or put that toward other things such as lights or SP1 wire and plugs, etc.

Are the directors or a computer the best way to run the show? 

My budget won't accommodate the better director, but can probably handle the Mini.

Your vast experience will certainly help a newbie. 

Thanks!

Directors allow your show to run without being connected to a computer that is powered up and running. Its nor necessary for it to work. You'll just have to run a wire from your computer to your controllers. I'd buy backup controllers and lights instead

Directors allow your show to run without being connected to a computer that is powered up and running. Its nor necessary for it to work. You'll just have to run a wire from your computer to your controllers. I'd buy backup controllers and lights instead

Thanks Crazydave.  I suppose the other 26 viewers of my post agree with you too!

I don't use a director. I do mine the old school way.  If it was me I would hold on to that coin, trust me it will get used.  

Another thing to consider is the number of channels you will be controlling.  With large channel counts, the mini director bogs down.  

PC!

Not sure if you can the director can handle more than one network.

• 3 weeks later...

I Appreciate the additional responses. I have 32 channels and one network. 

I decided that I needed funds to go to lights first then extension cords/sp1.  So two orders to Holiday-Light-Express and I am on my way. Now I only need to get a spool of sp1 or my show will be confined to a very tight spot  :D.