Light-O-Rama Forums

Weird happenings in Visualizer and SSS

robigd

I am having an odd issue that I am hoping someone can help me out with.

In the Visualizer, I have 4 CCR type fixtures (for CCB window frames). When in visualization mode in the SSS with my visulation file, it works fine. When I add a 5th CCR fixture in visualizer and test my file in SSS it acts confused and turns on random lights from the 5 CCB's. When I remove the 4th CCR from the visualizer, it goes back to working fine again in SSS.

The fixture in question in the Visualizer is configured exactly like the other 4 that are working and all are on the 1 (Background) level. All 5 of my CCB's are consecutive base unit ID's.

Does anybody have any ideas as to why it is acting crazy when I add the 5th CCB? I am sure I am missing something obvious!

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Can anybody with knowledge of Visualizer and SSS provide any input here?

It is very odd. I have completed sequences in SSS that are working correctly, but am adding my new CCB's to the visualizer so I can include them in an existing show. When playing my existing "working" sequence in SSS, it goes crazy and lights up random pixels, including the new CCB that hasn't even had anything programmed yet. Depending on where I move my new CCB in the visualizer, it lights up different pixels when played in the SSS. Not sure if this is a bug or if I am doing something incorrectly. I can't imagine I would have to reprogram an entire existing sequence just because I added new elements to the visualization file?

Please help! Thanks!

What version of SuperStar are you running? .

3.10.0.6 for SSS and 3.10.6 for Visualizer. The latest and greatest.

What I mean is, the version of SS, i.e. 2CCR, 4CCR, 8CCR, or 24CCR.

It is 2CCR, but I was going to upgrade to the appropriate level before actually exporting my show from SSS.

On a side note, I removed the "regular" non-RGB lights I had from my visualization and after I did that, I was able to add additional CCR's and not have them mess up my current sequences. I suppose this is my work around for now.

I think the 2CCR license will allow you to control 300 channels.

This is most likely your problem.

If you're using CCB/Ps instead of CCRs, then in actuality, a single CCB controller with 2 strings will take care of your limit on channels. If you have 5 CCBs (10 strings of pixels), then you'll need Probably the 24 CCR license.

The work around is to create seperate visualizers for your license level (2 in this case) and export them 1 at a time. It's a bunch of work, but can be done.

The easiest way, and most expensive is, of course, upgrade your license level.

This is most likely your problem.

If you're using CCB/Ps instead of CCRs, then in actuality, a single CCB controller with 2 strings will take care of your limit on channels. If you have 5 CCBs (10 strings of pixels), then you'll need Probably the 24 CCR license.

The work around is to create seperate visualizers for your license level (2 in this case) and export them 1 at a time. It's a bunch of work, but can be done.

The easiest way, and most expensive is, of course, upgrade your license level.

Thank you guys for your responses. I was under the impression that the license only came into play when you are actually exporting the sequence from SSS. The 5 CCB's worked fine when developing/playing my sequence in SSS even with my current 2 CCR license, but what I think was messing it up was the 3 "non-RGB" window stars I had on my visualizer because when I removed them from the visualizer, I was able to add multiple CCB's and my existing sequence didn't go crazy anymore when I played it in SSS.

Anyhow, I think I have the issue resolved now, and thanks again for your feedback.