Light-O-Rama Forums

Another Feature Request

MattCole

I know that it may be too late for this version but maybe it could find its way in in the future if not possible now (I know, or at least hope that we are getting closer to a release)...

Configurable keyboard shortcuts. For example I have a video editing background and the space bar is historically the "play" key. I'm finding myself hitting the space bar a lot when sequencing. Also a keyboard shortcut to "play selection" or "play visible screen" etc would eliminate a bunch of mousing around that I find myself doing. also having keyboard shortcut keys such as "f" for fade up "d" for fade down would help me be more efficient.

Really the best way to implement is to have a "default" set of keyboard shortcuts but also allow the user to configure to suit their sequencing styles. I would find my self a lot more efficient when I can use both hands to sequence one to select and click the other to quickly punch in the effect I desire.

The video edit world would not survive without keyboard shortcuts, LOR uses a lot of the same thought processes.

Thoughts Everyone?

Thanks,

Matt

Matt -

I, too, have a little video editing experience, and find that once you get used to the LOR interface, it's not very often that I'm using the wrong shortcuts. I HATE having to use the mouse (IMO, whoever invented the mouse at PARC should be hung :D). Keyboard editing is MUCH more efficient. Along those lines, there ARE some shortcuts built in already -

U=fade up
D=fade down
S=shimmer
T=twinkle
N=on
F=off

There may be more, but those are the ones I use most often, along with navigation keys (page up and down, home, end, arrow up, down, left, right, and shifted), and the cut, copy, paste shortcuts (X, C, V).

Hope that helps.

D.T.

DownTown wrote:

Along those lines, there ARE some shortcuts built in already -

U=fade up
D=fade down
S=shimmer
T=twinkle
N=on
F=off

There may be more, but those are the ones I use most often, along with navigation keys (page up and down, home, end, arrow up, down, left, right, and shifted), and the cut, copy, paste shortcuts (X, C, V).

Exactly why I put the "DUH" answer in the poll. I'll have to give these a try. They're probabally listed in the docs somewhere, I just need to RTFM. I still am wishing for the play functions. If they can't have keyboard shortcuts, at least put a button in the bar for each play option. I would find that a lot easier than being 2 submenus deep to change then still have to hit play.

I'm still loving making lights blink!

Matt

• 5 weeks later...

When using LOR I never select the Fade Up, Fade Down, etc tools.

I always have the selection tool selected and then just highlight the area and then press the short cut key.

You are right though. LOR needs a lot more shortcut keys. Right now they are focusing on just getting LOR2 out. In Janurary I plan on really going through the program and offering some suggestions that will make it easier to use like other multi-media software.