Light-O-Rama Forums

Recommended OS?

Foret

Not to hijack a thread ,but what is the best windows version to run LOR software I currently have Vista but was thinking of upgrading to windows 7...

Admin Edit: Conversation moved to own thread.

Edited by LORAdmin
Moving to own thread.

Not to hijack a thread ,but what is the best windows version to run LOR software I currently have Vista but was thinking of upgrading to windows 7...

I use 3.9 advanced on a machine with XP, a MAC with XP, a machine with Windows 7 and one with Windows 8. All of them run it fine. The fast desktop runs it best and it has Windows 7. I think if you are learning the program and set up you may want to use Windows 7, because it seems that most of the people on the forums run it. :)

I use 3.9 advanced on a machine with XP, a MAC with XP, a machine with Windows 7 and one with Windows 8. All of them run it fine. The fast desktop runs it best and it has Windows 7. I think if you are learning the program and set up you may want to use Windows 7, because it seems that most of the people on the forums run it. :)

Thanks Larry I will probably upgrade my pc before installing LOR software

I use XP for my show pc but do all my sequencing on a W7 box.  Find it to be more stable than W8.