Light-O-Rama Forums

missing grid squares in visualizer import

bbayjohn

I have made a grid using visualizer and imported it into Superstar.

The strips are 50 pixels long and 12 high. 

The grid is intended for 12 ws2811 strips.

Why is the bottom row missing 2 squares?

Thanks John

grid_zps4a622504.png

Please email your visualization file to brian@superstarlights.com and I will take a look at it.

The visualization file will end with .lee and will be located at:

c:\<your lightorama folder> \ Visualizations \ Editor

I looked at the visualization you sent me, it works on the current version of SuperStar that is on my computer. It turns out that it is caused by a bug that is in the 3.9.0 release. It is fixed in the release that is in beta now. You can download the beta by following this link:

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/27193-light-o-rama-version-3104-released-as-an-open-beta/

Brian, have you ever given a free form grid any consideration? 

Import in a visualization be able to set up the grid screen any way you desire, that would be a cool feature.

Thanks Brian. The betta version works well. The grid looks good although I wanted to bring the strips closer together so I moved them closer in visualizer. Saved, reloaded into ss and strings had switched positions. Checked in visualizer and it was correct. Exited all, reloaded a few times and was still incorrect. So I moved the strings further apart and now its back in order again. Would be nice to bring them closers together though to read the text clearly and not stretched out. But not tonight as my computer has a few of its own problems and I have had to use my phone to write this message.

For what it is worth, when you have a group of props like that, the program determines the order based on the "center" of the prop. The "center" being the center of the rectangle that contains the prop.