Light-O-Rama Forums

My new prop; 10 x 25 Pixburst

Ron Boyd

Darn that was nice and thanks for sharing your work. Can you take a couple close up pictures of how you made it because I see a couple coming for this years show. I have plenty of spare pixels and a lot of channels to use... LOL

Jeff

Edited by Jeff Messer

Ron,

Thanks for the pictures and all the help. Got to have a couple of these on the roof this year.

Jeff

Wow that's fantastic. I have been out of LOR for too long. I need to do some upgrading and get caught up and up to speed!

Very cool Prop and Video!

Evan

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice Ron. I went with CCR's this year but now you have me thinking Pixels! Great song as well, I was going to do the White Heart version as well but never got around to doing it. Can't wait to see your finished product.

Can you PM me when you have a few and tell me where your getting your pixels?

Eddie Z

Edited by ezimnow

My pixels came from Ray Wu. The controller is Sandevices. Along with this burst I'm doing a 16 leg by 50 pixel tree for less than $500. Using LOR pixels, well you do the math. Way too rich for my blood. Its really a no brainer. Now, I am losing the customer support and warranty, but saving, literally, thousands of $$$, I'll take my chances. I still have a bunch of LOR stuff including several sets of pixels and plan on staying right where I am. When my display outgrows LOR, I'll move on to something else. I love LOR, but lets face it, the software now is for LEDs and the dinosaur incandescents (no offense to you if you still use incans). It just wont handle the major jump in channels for the ones of us that are making the change-over to pixels. Im moving from 1200+ channels from last year to 5000+ this year. I know how long mine takes to convert and load, i cant imagine what the displays with over 20k channels are going through. Its been proven several times over by crashing PCs, long load times, etc. I just hope that the program is reworked to handle the channel load.

Edited by Ron Boyd

• 5 weeks later...
  • The topic was locked