Light-O-Rama Forums

Is it possible? I am sure it is :-)

Shadow62672

I am new to the CCR this year. I am planning on purchasing a total of 6 for my 2013 shows. My question is this: Is it possible to build a 12 ccr tree out of 6 ccr? What I mean by this is either cutting the 6 to make 12, or keeping the ribbon solid and program the ribbon to run as 2 units splitting the programming? Making a mini 12? Like I said I am very new to this CCR and curious if I can build/program it? Or take an existing 12 ccr sequence and munipulate it to fire on the 6 lines? It seems if you can program each pixel, you could run 1/2 of a ccr and have the other 1/2 reverse in the other direction, making it seem as the 1 ccr is now 2 separate lines in the tree.

Thanks!

Edited by Shadow62672

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/22093-cosmic-color-pixel-tree-test-2/?p=210581

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/22084-cosmic-color-pixel-tree/?p=210480

Here's what Brian did with CC Pixels. In my opinion, the CC Pixels are easier to work with if you're going to use Half strings. At $200+ a pop, if you cut the CCR, you void the warranty. Not to mention, for a few $$$ more, you can have 100 pixels instead of 50. If you want to do the Half string tree, I would go with the CC Pixels or CC Bulbs. Just an observation

If you have 6 CCRs you can do a 6 CCR tree. There is no "automatic" way to convert a 12 CCR sequence to a 6 CCR sequence, but I have created some 6 CCR sequences for those that have a 6 CCR tree. For example here is a link to the youtube video of the 12 CCR version of "Christmas Eve Sarajevo"

http://youtu.be/oDKl9W9LGWA

Here is the youtube video of the 6 CCR version of "Christmas Eve Sarajevo"

http://youtu.be/DNQuVxidvko

To see all 4 of the 6 CCR sequences I have, go to www.superstarlights.com and click on "videos" underneath the word "Sequences"

The 12 CCR sequences are listed first, then the 6 CCR sequences are listed next, there are four 6 CCR sequences and I will have a fifth one in a month or two.

Thanks for the feedback, I own 2 CCR now, and plan on purchasing 4 more before the sale ends. I like the use of pictures and words in the 12 CCR sequences, I was curious if there was a possibility of firing the CCR in different dircetions to munipulate it to mimic 2 CCR instead of one. I do not think I want to cut them and void the warranty. I have not seen any graphics or text in the six string sequences, so I was hoping there was a way of firing the CCR in different directions to "Mimic" 2 CCR in one string. Back to the drawing board. Soo many ideas, soo little cash. :-)

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "firing the CCR in different directions to make it mimic 2 CCRs" but I don't know of a way to make a CCR mimic 2 CCRs.

The 6 CCR "Carol of the Bells" sequence has some text at the 2 minute mark when it spells out "DING, DONG" but it is barely legible. As you say, in general there are no graphics and no text in the 6 CCR sequences. It is because there is not enough resolution to make them look good.

I understand your frustration. I have tried to get the most out of the least number of CCRs possible, I just don't know how to get good graphics or text on 6 CCRs.

In my crazy mind I was imagining using a CCR and shaping it into a upside down "V" or christmas tree shape, and repeat this with the remaining 5 CCR a little smaller into the same shape in the first "V" so when all is said and done you have 6 CCR bent to mimic a 12 CCR tree only 1/2 the size of a true 12 CCR tree. (Easier to explain and draw this out, I hope it make some sense.) Now with all 6 CCR shaped into a Tree or upside down "V" you will have 75 pixels to work with on the right side and 75 pixels to work with on the left with each CCR, so if you count sides you would have 12 (1/2 CCR's). In my crazy thinking you would be programming each 1/2 of a full CCR but you would program 1/2 of the full CCR (75 pixels) to go one way and the other 1/2 would go the opposite way, giving an illusion of 2 CCR out of one. The length of the tree would be 1/2 of the current CCR, but same effect. Does it make any sense? I am way out there with thinking sometimes, and I was just curious if it could be done. My concern is trying to get the CCR to mimic a V without cutting the ribbon or ruining a pixel or ribbon with the stress from the aggressive bend. I have never used these and I am curious also how one would outline a roofline with a peak in the center. Do they cut it? Sorry I am so long winded here.

I am really hooked on this hobby....

-Shaun

Edited by Shadow62672