Light-O-Rama Forums

Do i need a new converter?

Ralph D

I have the old USB - RJ45 Serial Adapter, and its always worked fine, in the next year or 2 i'll be adding dmx and at least rgb blubs and mybe a small amount of pixils. so Id like to little by little get the little things I know i will need and stock up and be ready for what ever I can get. so with all that in mind do i need to get and new converter? I know i will need a idmx but what other little things will i need to hook all this stuff up. 

Thanks everyone!

and im so happy because for the first time every for me after all these years I am going to the expo, I know I will be learning about all this stuff there but I am just getting so excited I had to ask especially since the summer sale on now, and apparently it ends before the Expo. 

Ralph

Ralph- the biggest thing is the network speed settings.  The old converter does not run at the 500 speed.  There is one that's one sale for high speed for only $25- I think- I went ahead and got three just for safety.

Based on some tests I did last year, and what I'm hearing from LOR, *some* non "HS" (HS being part of the product name) will work at 500k.

In my testing last year I used a RS485-ISO and was able to run at 500k. 

I did, however, go ahead and order a few of the new HS adapters.

• The topic was locked