Light-O-Rama Forums

question about Led Light Strip spiral tree

RickAbel43

Hi Everyone

I have an image in my head about doing a spiral tree this year out of 16 strands of Led Strips RGB 3528 . I was thinking of using PVC for the tree and wrapping the strips around the tree in  a spiral way...Here are my questions...What height should I make the tree? and the base? I only had one LOR controller and hope it continues working after it was fixed the controller I have I bought on ebay and it only had one electric cord for all 16 channels but on the board it does say light o rama like I have seen on here... it worked great last year but in the last week of my display 8 channels went out and I was told to check the fuses and I got some and replaced the fuses and all seems to work again....Sorry I did not mean to go all into that.....I am hoping that if funds are there I can get another controller this year from on here and not ebay to run this spiral Christmas tree...I was thinking have the lights set on Auto to where the strips do multiple display and each string to its own channel ....but I am not sure what height or how big the base I should use if anyone can help me on that....I will use two 12V 360 watt transformers to run all 16 strands 8 strands per transformer so how would I use that to split the lights up between channels ? I am sorry if I sound confussing....but if anyone can help please do or might have a better way of doing what I have in mind...anything will help thankyou in advance Rick

I would use dumb pixels instead of the strips. I made 5 mini spiral rgb trees last season and the strips are really fragile.also the 3528 rgb strips are not true rgb you need 5050 style strips.but again I would use pixels instead

why not make a basic tree with pixels and use nutcraker to make the spiral effect and a whole lot more effects.