Light-O-Rama Forums

Non-CCR Smart Pixels in Visualizer

Bizywk

I've combed through the tutorials and performed a search function on the forum archives and cant find instructions on how to create non-CCR smart pixel strings in visualizer.  The Arch and mega tree wizards look fairly straight forward. Drawing dumb pixel RGB strings was pretty intuitive, but I just cant crack the nut on how to draw smart pixel strings on my eaves.

Any Ideas?

I guess I did it the hard way. I made lots of RGB fixtures, and then made props from there.

Good news is that you can re-use the props.. then use the Naming wizard and channel wizard to set them up to the correct names and channels.

Thanks!   The Smart Pixel system is pretty Cool.  Worked like a champ!

Edited by Bizywk

It would be great if the Visualizer would actually allow to draw pixel strings the same way it handles CCR's. One Prop and one Fixture. The only thing missing is the ability to use DMX when drawing a CCR string.

The fixture should allow to select a universe, the start ID and the number of pixels. Almost everything is there :-)

In the meantime: thanks for the links, that will be very helpful!

It would be great if the Visualizer would actually allow to draw pixel strings the same way it handles CCR's. One Prop and one Fixture. The only thing missing is the ability to use DMX when drawing a CCR string.

The fixture should allow to select a universe, the start ID and the number of pixels. Almost everything is there :-)

In the meantime: thanks for the links, that will be very helpful!

Absolutely

It would be great if the Visualizer would actually allow to draw pixel strings the same way it handles CCR's. One Prop and one Fixture. The only thing missing is the ability to use DMX when drawing a CCR string. The fixture should allow to select a universe, the start ID and the number of pixels. Almost everything is there :-) In the meantime: thanks for the links, that will be very helpful!

That would be a really nice feature!  I hope they consider adding that functionality.

I spoke to Dan today at the Christmas Expo and put that bug in his ear, about allowing the Devs make that happen about the Non-LOR Pixels in the visualizer. Don't know if he will do it, but at least it has been requested.

Edited by Ron Boyd

How's the expo going?   Anything new this year?    

I wish I could have attended.   Maybe next year. 

Possibly some 100 pixel panel by fall and dumb strips. Only thing I really saw as new. The 24 channel DC board but I think it's already in the store. Thats about it

I am trying to create a few singing elements and wanted to use pixels for the mouth movements (100 pixels)...and for the life of me can't
figure out how to do it.

I tried doing the Single Bulbs and clicking on the RGB for Channel Type...but don't see how I can assign each single bulb a pixel ID.

It is easier than I am trying to make it..right??

Make your different mouth patterns with single bulbs. Create a prop with each pattern and then just run the channel wizard. On the first screen select RGB, second screen new, third, 3 and RGB, 4th DMX Universe, 5th auto, 6th universe # and first channel of that particular prop

I assume you are using pixels and not dumb RGB nodes.

Edited by Ron Boyd

Jim,

When you draw the single bulbs, are you drawing them as Normal or RGB? If they are not RGB Bulbs, Go to

"File" --> "Options" -->"4 Fixtures"

Under this tab, find "Default channel type" (second drop down box) and select "RGB" from the drop down menu. Now when you draw a single bulb it will be RGB. Remember though, when you put your first bulb in, click on one of the arrows. Otherwise you'll draw dumb nodes. The program automatically assumes dumb bulbs

Another thing you can do is, create a prop from the single bulbs. Then when you do a channel wizard on that mouth, select RGB on the first screen when you open up the Channel Wizard.

See if either one of those will work for you.

I slapped together a 1 minute video that shows the difference between pixels and nodes. The first 3 bulbs is the way I do for pixels, the second line is the way I do the nodes. The pixels can be made into a prop of course do the channel wizard on the prop. The dumb nodes will be the same channel for all of them. I know you already know this. Just a little more info for those that may not know.

Hope this helps,

Ron

https://vimeo.com/70627775

Edited by Ron Boyd