Light-O-Rama Forums

Multiple controller connections

Gochevy3

Greetings all!

Im brand new to LOR, so this year I am starting with 3 controllers, and planning to sequence 5 songs.  Please take pity on me......

My question is about actual layout of controllers.  I know that they will all be connected together thru Cat5, but is it necessary that they are in line from numbers 1-3?  The way that i've sequenced the songs so far would have the controllers in a line as 1-3-2.  Poor planning on my part so far but manageable in July.

My first songs are:

Wizards in WInter - Done

Jingle Bells - Bare Naked Ladies - Done

Polar Express - hard to sequence so far.  about 1 minute in.  The beats are driving me nuts!

Santa Clause is coming to town - The Boss

Walking in a Winter wonderland

Thanks

Steve

The controllers can be connected in any order. You could have 3-2-1, 3-1-2, 2-1-3, etc.

I have 5 controllers and as Don says, they can be in any order you need them at.  My layout changes from year to year, so my controllers the first year were in order as 1,2,3,4,5.  The following year they were 1,5,3,2,4 and get constantly moved around.  And they don't really have to match the sequence layout either, I usually try to sequence my controllers as 1,2,3,4,5 {not always though}, but the display layout is what determines where I will put a specific numbered controller at.

• 2 weeks later...

Those of you who were working with computers in the late 1980's may remember thinnet, a low-cost (at the time) way of networking computers before cat5 cable became ubiquitous. Except for the cable type, the LOR network is similar to thinnet, in that the network must be a single line (with no branches), and nodes may be connected in any order.