Light-O-Rama Forums

Neverwet product ? Has anyone tried this yet

Ralph D

ok so i was looking around fb and saw a post from RH, and saw a video about this product called neverwet, if this stuff really works this could be a huge help to use not rusting our lights, has anyone used or tried this yet?

heres the home depot link for the demo.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleum-Stops-Rust-18-oz-NeverWet-Multi-Purpose-Spray-Kit-274232/204216476#.UcrlujRvOJk

let me know what you think.

I just used it on some chairs in my house, it works like they say but it leaves a milky residue on the surface you use it on especially dark colored surfaces. Also it is pretty expensive, and I had to use 2 kits for six chairs.

I just used it on some chairs in my house, it works like they say but it leaves a milky residue on the surface you use it on especially dark colored surfaces. Also it is pretty expensive, and I had to use 2 kits for six chairs.

in the video they mentioned something about wiping things down after spraying them? as when they did the cell phone.. did you try that and if so did it help at all? does it "dry" and if so is there still a milky residue?

In the video he says it does leave a slight frosted finish. I'd like to know if it conducts electricity. Could you actually spray the inside of sockets?

In the video he says it does leave a slight frosted finish. I'd like to know if it conducts electricity. Could you actually spray the inside of sockets?

Exactly the same thing I was wondering too.   I'm kind of leaning toward it won't work for light strands because I have a strong suspicion the current will get blocked.   Not sure if I'd want to try that on an expensive strand.  

Maybe wait 'til the Christmas season, buy a cheap 20 ct incan or LED strand{if available} from the local dollar store to try it out on before committing to the longer, more expensive light strands.

I'm going try it on a set of my old replaceabel 70 count c6 leds after the expo and Ill let everyone know. 

In their video they spray the inside of a phone to make it "watertight". Wouldn't that create one gigantic short if it conducted electricity?

In their video they spray the inside of a phone to make it "watertight". Wouldn't that create one gigantic short if it conducted electricity?

I'm not too sure if that phone video is true. 

Why?

Because there is a phone that looks EXACTLY like the one they "spray" in the video that is ALREADY WATERPROOF, seen it advertised on TV and they put it in a clear fishbowl full of water to show the phone is waterproof, so makes me wonder if they used this phone for that demo of theirs.   

I'm not convinced that this stuff will work reliably, if at all, in a light string socket, because if it doesn't conduct electrically, the light in the socket sure isn't going to light up.  And when they "sprayed" the so called phone, they DID NOT remove the battery, so the electrical contacts from the battery WERE NOT sprayed with the product.  Therefore keeping electrical continuity with the battery.  

Something to really think about before ruining a good strand of lights!

Well I had to go and buy a couple cans and will use it on the light and in the boat. I will update you with what I see.

Jeff

• The topic was locked