Light-O-Rama Forums

version 3.10.2 firmware

ItsMeBobO

Is there documentation on the firmware revisions?   What has been changed in the newest releases?

Is there documentation on the firmware revisions?   What has been changed in the newest releases?

There is a little info on the help file's What's New page, which I'll quote here:

Firmware Updates

Several new firmware updates are included:

CCB100D-V1_16.lhx
CCR150D-V1_17.lhx
CTB16PG3-V1_07.lhx
CTB32LG3-V1_11.LHX
DIO32_V1-32.LHX
mDC_MP3_V4-22.lhx

The CCB100D and CCR150D firmware includes additional support for 500K. The CTB16PG3 and CTB32LG3 firmware includes support for "noisy AC" (less chance of flicker on noisy power).  The DIO32 and mDC_MP3 firmware contain many changes that have previously been posted online, but never before distributed with the software installer.

I am using 3.9 at the present time and I notice the updated firmware for: CCB100D-V1_16.lhx. I have my 6 controllers daisy chained together for with the cat5 cables for my pixel tree. Will I have to unscrew all the covers and unplug the cat5 cables going to the other controllers to upgrade the firmware? Or can I leave them all plugged together.  I have never ran the Hardware Utility with more than one controller at a time connected.

If I remember correctly from last year, you can leave them all hooked up in the chain. But, you have to update them 1 at a time.

I am using 3.9 at the present time and I notice the updated firmware for: CCB100D-V1_16.lhx. I have my 6 controllers daisy chained together for with the cat5 cables for my pixel tree. Will I have to unscrew all the covers and unplug the cat5 cables going to the other controllers to upgrade the firmware? Or can I leave them all plugged together.  I have never ran the Hardware Utility with more than one controller at a time connected.

I am not an expert on firmware, but I do know that having one and only one at a time is the recommended route, but not necessarily necessary.  However, some care has to be taken, at the very least.  Here's a blurb from the help file:

It is recommended that only one controller be connected to the computer when updating firmware.  Units can have firmware updated when more than one is attached to the computer, but if you choose to do this, make sure that "Selected unit listed above" is selected, and make sure that the proper unit is selected in the "Select Unit to Configure.. Download.. Test" section (above the "Firmware" section).

If you instead use the recommended method of having only a single controller attached to the PC during a firmware update, choose "Only one unit is connected".

Yea! I think I'll take the time and take everything apart and do it one at a time. Bummer, I just updated to V1.15 (I think) last week and put them all back into storage. I might wait until around October when I'll be getting really for Halloween to update the firmware. 

Thanks for the info.

There is a little info on the help file's What's New page, which I'll quote here:

Firmware Updates

Several new firmware updates are included:

CCB100D-V1_16.lhx
CCR150D-V1_17.lhx
CTB16PG3-V1_07.lhx
CTB32LG3-V1_11.LHX
DIO32_V1-32.LHX
mDC_MP3_V4-22.lhx

The CCB100D and CCR150D firmware includes additional support for 500K. The CTB16PG3 and CTB32LG3 firmware includes support for "noisy AC" (less chance of flicker on noisy power).  The DIO32 and mDC_MP3 firmware contain many changes that have previously been posted online, but never before distributed with the software installer.

Thanks Bob ! I was looking at the support firmware on the new test site. 

http://testweb.lightorama.com/firmware-updates/

Looked at the firmware updates and didn't see what I have listed as my controllers. The last update I did was  (CTB16PG3-V1_05.LHX) didn't even see this in the firmware page at LOR. Have I uploaded the wrong firmware to my controllers? Or has the name changed on the firmware update page?

Thanks

India, it's probably not on the update page. It's embedded in the update. I'm not at my pc right now but somewhere in the help files is the procedure to update them. It's actually pretty simple. Maybe someone can elaborate before I get to my pc. Otherwise, I'll get it shortly and point you in the right direction