Light-O-Rama Forums

Strobe light layout

Big Sanch Mafia

Hi Everyone...

I've seen some great displays with stobes but its hard to tell the layout. Lets say your putting them on your roof, do you tend to install them in a straight line or or sporadic/inconsistent. I'm planning on doing 15-20 strobes through my roof area. i don't have tons of visible roof space and i am only one story. i was planning on spreading some through my grass area as well. but I'm more curious as to what you guys/gals do on your roofs? i thought about doing a zig zag pattern on the roof but maybe that doesn't matter and is just added work....

whats everyone's thoughts?

Thanks for the advice and feedback

Chad

i installed mine sparatically

/ \ / \ / \ / \ / \ / \

\ / \ / \ / \ / \ / \ /  sorta like that 

• 4 months later...

I was also curious about the strobes.  When used in the mega trees, are they on one channel or on separate channels to get that random strobe effect that is usually seen at the very end of a show? 

No expert, but I made two strings on two channels. Then start one about .05 seconds before the other. This will help with the randomized look. But if your rich and have several channels then go for more channels, just dont go crazy.

Hey Max,

Someone told me that if you turn on the strobe channel a bit before you want them to flash but only a small amount.. 5% or so.. (experiment as needed I guess), They will randomize right away.  Have you tied that?  I am going to give it a shot when I get everything running.

• Like 1

I tried the pre charge for the strobes today, but it doesn't work.  Even at level 1 some of the strobes start to work.  Thought maybe it might randomize them better, but it doesn't.  Some one told me about it the other night at our meeting here in Sacramento.