Light-O-Rama Forums

new to visualizer?

dan martens

I made a visualizer of my house and only did eves in ccr. i than moved it to ss and had issue keeping the correct order of the pixels to the little programing squares. i finally got them to line up in order from left to right but i have no clue what i did to get it straight. I made my first seq and then went back to visualizer and wanted to add my minitrees and the iclecles and mega tree that i used last year. then i moved the visualizer to supperstar and the seq squares  are out of order again and the seq is playing out of order

i have four strings from left to right pretty much in a straight line  (ccr string 1)(ccr2)(ccr3)(ccr4)  the squares are showing up (ccr2)(ccr1)(ccr3)(ccr4)

thanks

Email brian@superstarlights.com and point him to your thread and he can get you sorted out. If your using the new beta release, there are some comments to use for each CCR in the visualizer to use.

Read this and it will explain:

Keywords that can be placed in the comment area of a visualization prop

• star - This marks the prop as a star of a SuperStar display. Use this to make sure that the star commands of a SuperStar sequence get mapped to the star in your visualization.

• matrix - This marks the prop as a matrix of CCRs. SuperStar will automatically detect most matrix layouts. But if, for example, you have some CCRs arranged in a fan shape, you probably want the CCRs arranged as a matrix in the sequencing rows, but SuperStar will not recognize the fan shape as a shape that should be a matrix. So, you can mark the fan prop as a matrix using this keyword.

• reverse - SuperStar attempts to layout the fixtures in your prop in a logical order, but if it didn't do it in the order you want, then use this keyword to reverse the order of the fixtures in the prop. Note that reversing the order of the props using the Prop Properties dialog box will not change the order that SuperStar will use.

• row=, column= - Use these keywords to change the row and column of the prop on the sequencing grid. Note that the row and column notation was created for a vertical import; if you use a horizontal import, then row and column will seem reversed. To see an example of the use of row and column, look at the 24x25Tree_4RowGlob.lee visualization file from the Samples folder. You can open this file in the Visualizer to see how the keywords are used in the comment area of the props. You can also import this file into SuperStar to see how the props have been moved down in the sequencing grid.

Keywords that can be placed in the comment area of a visualization fixture

• row=, column= - Use these keywords to change the row and column of a fixture on the sequencing grid. Note that the row and column notation was created for a vertical import; if you use a horizontal import, then row and column will seem reversed.

• Locations - Use this keyword to add a list of row and column locations for each light in the fixture. The row and column should be separated by a comma, and then there should be a space between each row, column pair. For example, "1,2 1,3" would mean place the first light in the fixture at row 1, column 2, and place the second light in the fixture at row 1, column 3. To see an example of the use of the "locations" keyword, look at the 24x25Tree_4RowGlobe.lee visualization file from the Samples folder. You can open this file in the Visualizer to see how the keywords are used in the comment area of the globe fixtures. You can also import this file into SuperStar to see how the lights in the globe fixtures have been moved down in the sequencing grid.

• cool, warm - These keywords are used for fixtures containing RGB lights, marking such fixtures as having "cool white" LEDs or "warm white" LEDs. SuperStar uses these keywords to determine how to best balance the colors in RGB lights.