Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding Singing Faces to a Display & Papagayo

Scott Tuthill

I have a fairy large existing Christmas Display -- 176 channels, 24,000 lights, and 15 songs. I want to add a Singing Face to the display this year and came across the amazing Papagayo program which looks like it will make the task much easier. (Realistically I would hope to add the face to 2-3 of the songs.)

My questions is how do I go about adding Papagayo generated sequence elements to my existing sequences? None of them have the fixed 25 fps/0.04 second timing. It is possible? What is the approach?

Thanks for any advice.

Scott

I haven't used it but if you just paste into the .lms file, just paste by time instead of paste by cell and the timing marks won't be needed.

Here we go....your are going to have to use Papagayo first with the Wav. file used in your LOR sequense you want to add singing faces to. Then export the data file to a data folder. then use BobO's program Papagayo to LOR converter and save the converted file. once converted then it will be a LOR loadable clipboard file. the clipboard file can be placed anywhere in the exsisting LOR File in any 5 channel location. this is the quick explanation. there are other small details like are you using 8 or 7 channel faces. how many faces are you using. are you going to add the additional 8 to 32 channels for up to 4 faces or are you going to use 32 of the existing channels you have for faces. plus going back to the Papagayo program. using the 25fps will allow any converted data to LOR clipboard file to sync up perfectly. 

go to http://itsmebob.com/SD.html for all the needed files for what you want to do. 

here is a link to BobOs video http://itsmebob.com/Christmas/2012/PapagayoTechnical.wmv

Good luck

One other thing I thought I should mention. I have been using Papagayo and Papagayo to LOR for almost a year and I would say it took a good 30 to 40 hours of using these programs to get it down where The first time syncs up perfect. I find the hardest part now is placing the clipboard in the song in just the right spot. 

• The topic was locked